nick theater

robbieg123

i am subscribed to a newsletter email that produces cartoon shows, and one of the highlights of it was a link to a site within nick.com that allows you to stream certain entire episodes of tv shows, one of which was guts. once i heard the theme song of this, i started remembering tons of other theme songs of shows on nick around that time, and found a site which has some of those which i could think of.

anyway, if i remember correctly, while the audience was waiting in nick theater for the show to start, they did quizzes for the kids to try to identify theme songs on the nick channel. i wanted to get slimed (ok... green water-ed) whenever i went there, and eventually got picked... and guessed right. i think it was 'rocko's modern life.' i don't remember what i got, if anything, but this got me thinking...

is there a show going on in the theater in nick central?

i would actually not be surprised if there is a show going on there and i'm not aware of it... i barely ever go to nick central anymore unless i'm walking to the waterpark.

just writing this made me think of all the stuff around there when it first opened... the mcdonalds-like playground, the slime machine (two people stood under separate pipes, a lever was pulled, and one person got slimed), the scooby slides (i think it was scooby? maybe scrappy?), and the water tank thing behind the slides... ahh... fun times...

thanks for an answer ahead of time!

rob

Yes, they used to put on shows in the Nick Theater as well as the Enchanted Theater next to Phantom Theater. But then in 2003, the Enchanted Theater was turned in storage space. It was also about the same time that they discontinued having shows at the Nick Theater. They instead, as was stated above, turned it into a large Meet and Greet facility. This is one reason why I think that this faciility might be gone after this season to make room for an expansion of the Nick Central ride line up. The park really hasn`t put emphasis on kids shows, which is really kind of sad, because when I worked at Coney, all the kids would love to go see Captain Coney and his Crazy Crew kid`s show.

That theater is nice, because it is indoors, which means air conditioning. I still feel sorry for the people that have to be in the Nick or Scooby costumes, that has to be a hot job! I remember seeing a show in the Enchanted Theater, back around 1992 or 1993. I don`t even remember what it was about, Scooby Doo possibly.

Do you have a link to the site with all the old nick theme songs? smile.gif

the first link is probably less than half of nick's non-animated shows

http://www.johnnorrisbrown.com/classic-nic...songs/index.htm

some of nick's older game show themes can be heard at Nick GAS' site

http://www.nick.com/all_nick/gas/watch/index.jhtml

speaking of older game shows, the online nick site is showing some full episodes of game shows.. double dare 2000 is on now, guts was there last week.

http://www.nick.com/all_nick/turbonick/

this one has non-Nick theme songs too, and more selections

http://mythemes.tv/

you'd probably be able to find others by searching more. i was able to find a pretty bad quality theme song for roundhouse, but i don't remember where i got it from.