Fearfest 2005

hauntguy

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK...

1) PKI is NOT getting cornStalkers... that corn your seeing is for the kids portion of Fearfest. They are having a little corn maze for them.

2)Steven, my post was just kinda a rant that I told you guys about the Sleepy Hollow stuff... so, I told you so!

3)I don't think any attraction or scarezone will follow the train track. If anything, the "hollow" might be the path from the entrance of White Water Canyon all the way through the exit. I am having one of those feelings.

Take Care. -Hauntguy

OK...

1) PKI is NOT getting cornStalkers... that corn your seeing is for the kids portion of Fearfest. They are having a little corn maze for them.

2)Steven, my post was just kinda a rant that I told you guys about the Sleepy Hollow stuff... so, I told you so!

3)I don't think any attraction or scarezone will follow the train track. If anything, the "hollow" might be the path from the entrance of White Water Canyon all the way through the exit. I am having one of those feelings.

Take Care. -Hauntguy

Apparently, a few of the supervisors have said that Headless Hollow may be the actual train ride itself. The idea is that a group of guests board the train and take off. Later on down the road, the train "breaks down" in the middle of the forest. A guide then takes the group into the forest to try to find their way back, when, all of a sudden, the Headless Horseman attacks. I'm not sure exactly where the train will "break down", but my guess is that it'll drop guests around the fort area near the water park entrance.

Actaully, when PKI bought the Circus of Horrors from Larry Kirchner (Halloween Productions Inc.) he asked if they would also like to have the train modified for Fearfest... it's one of the many services that Larry offers... and PKI said NO!!!

But I doubt the train will be used for a major Fearfest attraction... but I could be wrong! I will take a GOOD look around when I am there later this month and give you all the "low-down". -Hauntguy

I hope to god that the train is not used for a major FearFest attratction, but instead is only used for the Nick or Treat aspect of things. Think about how little interaction you would have with the frights if you were on the train and had to go by actors and props. Ohhhh real scary. Also if they are going to pretend that the train breaks down and then we have to walk out, can you imagine how long the lines will be to get on the train and then to go through the haunt. Ok the train has broken down, will everyone please wait in line to walk back to the station. Just doesnt make a lot of sense.

Im counting on the que for WWC to be used. Perfect setting for a haunt.

I was right all along; cornSTALKERS is coming! laugh.gif

Now the only question is where cornSTALKERS will be located at in Rivertown. I'm guessing it'll probably be behind Tomb Raider; there seems to be a lot of extra space back there for a maze of that caliber.

I hope that all of Headless Hollow won't be on the train; I was kind of expecting guests to be dropped off at the second station by BB's entrance and then walk back to the main park in the Western Woods. If it was like that, it would sound more like a fear zone, like Slaughter Street at PCW's FearFest.

But, I could be wrong (usually, that's always the case)... cowboy.gif

I would imagine the trains will have three cars on them. That is what they have used for the Pumpkin patch express in the past years. The train might "break down" either at the Boomerang Bay station or the station by the picnic grove. The first year for Pumpkin Patch express, you could exit the train at the picnic grove, and go to activities in the grove.

I hope they dont run the train with all the cars, because if they do, that will be some major capacity issues trying to get that many peopel through a maze before the next train load shows up or breaks down. Kinda intresting, but also going to take a lot of work to pull off.

If they do it like they do Pumpkin Patch, they'd run two engines with 3 or 4 cars on each of them.

^

^

^

That makes sense then.  I hope they get the capacity worked out good and we dont have another Torture Tower on our hands.

Torture Tower? More like Route 666. The line was 2 hours long an hour before it opened in '03.

^ And then having a four-hour wait when the ride actually opened.

Do you think it could've been possible for them to re-theme IJ:ST to a new version of Route 666, or is it too new to be re-themed for FearFest this early?

Now I just have to figure out where cornSTALKERS will be located at. I can't wait to come face-to-face with demented pumpkin/scarecrow monster thingys. laugh.gifwacko.gif

Anyone remember last year's media preview night when all of Sleepy Hollow Horror's scareactors ran around Coney Maul 'cause their maze wasn't ready yet? It was hilarious seeing the Headless Horseman getting chased by his own victims! laugh.giflaugh.gif

In a little less than two weeks, I'll be going to this year's media preview night as the start of my DVD project: ShriekShow! If you guys want, I can get some footage of fellow PKIC members in the middle of the madness Kings Island calls FearFest '05. I just have to figure out who all is going to come to the media preview. The set date is September 29th from 8pm to 10pm, I believe. Just respond to this or PM me so I can get a list of who will show up. wink.gif

Other than that, I am psyched for FearFest! This WILL be the best one yet!!!