camping at PKI

daytrips

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do remember that.

But remember what Opryland was like when it was open. The park was nothing short of absolutely incredible. The landscaping rivaled parks EVERYWHERE. The rides were maintained to a "T" and it was well managed.

Take a look at the resorts that they run. Tell me any resort outside of Vegas that is as spectacular as their hotels.

I think that if they went into the park business again that it would be a win win situation.

Adding into that, if Busch Parks purchase the parks you know that PKD will not be in their plans. For that to work, they would either sell the park off or sell the land. I'm very fond of PKD and would hate to see something like that happen.

I'm going back a few posts. No, we are not boycotting PKI, just not staying there.Our Season passes will be for CP this year, because of the Camping situation, We were considering PKD, because they have a Campground, but it would be 14-15 hour drive, which a lot of our group doesn't want to do(big campers). When you have over 50 people, coordinating at Hotels and campgrounds combined doesn't work, we tried it last year. Even my kids, for the first time, have no desire to stay at PKI w/out a CG on site. When staying for a day, hotel visit is fine. But for 10 days, it is not the same expirience as camping. The bottom line, yes we might visit this year, for a day, but we will return for our 10 day stay when Camping returns. As far as the GWL is concerned, I spend $500 for 10 days of camping(cabin), GWL is $250 a night. you do the math..

• 3 weeks later...