I might be crazy, but I have the feeling that the new for 2007 attraction won't be using the Intamin track you have seen outside of Breakers Express.

Could it be replacement track for Top Thrill Dragster (or even Millennium Force, yes, I know it's blue)? Could it even be track for someone else's new for '07 Intamin coaster?

I don't doubt that Cedar Point is getting something big for 2007. I just have a funny feeling that they're playing with us!

Could it be replacement track for Top Thrill Dragster

The radius of the track that has been seen does not match anything on TTD, and, the track used on TTD is 4 bar track (basically forms a box)- whereas the track seen is the 3 bar track.

http://www.rcdb.com/ig1646.htm?picture=10

It looks to be track for an Aqua Trax. I am not too excited for it- but that is only me. Only time will tell what it actually is.

well, I am not 100% sure the pics of the track go with the large amount of footers they're installing, but I am pretty sure they do. Yes, the park has construction going on in the back, around the back of their white water canyon type ride, around the eatery and near the station of Mean Streak. I was just there and saw the work in progress.

I'm too lazy to read back and see if someone already mentioned this...

Cedar Point was planning a new water attraction for last year, but decided to hold off on the water attraction for a Giant Frisbee. Now they are getting the water attraction. The way the footers are placed leads me to believe it has to be an Intamin or B&M coaster. It couldn't be anything else. They are getting Intamin track. My verdict is an Intamin launched Aquatrax.

Atlantis Adventure - Intamin Aquatrax

^That could be true that it is the aquatrax, many people have mentioned that but there are pictures of them picking up intamin track behind breakers that is the 3 point track like on MF where it seems the aquatrax uses 4 point like TTD or jut the flat track. Klockster, you son of a bi er beast, why dont you read? laugh.gif

Probably those darn fannypacks.

the pic of the aquatrax klockster showed were 3 point though, well, for the most part, but parts were 4 point, just like MF. Have you ever noticed that? Just before the last turn it's 3 point, the turn is 4 point, then it's 2 point track, all right there by the queus. It does go over the lake, well, that's where some footers are, but a lot of it is over the back part of the peninsula they have.

Just for infomation purpose why do they use the different point tracks?

I do not actually know why Intamin uses different types of track; but my guess is that it depends on the type of stress that particular section of track is under when the train is going over it. More stress= 4bar track, least amount of stress= 2 bar track.

Haa. Summer is in the air. The smell of freshly cut grass; waking up to sunlight; and knowing that school is out and the trolls come out.

From what I've heard Browntggrr is essentially correct on the different types of track. Along the same stress idea I've also heard that the four rail can span the longest distance without a support while 2 rail is the shortest. That can be kind of be seen looking at these two pics 2 rail and . three rail. It's hard to tell from the pictures but I think the span is further for the 3 rail. I've also heard it's cheaper to build the 2 rail with lots of supports than the three or four rail with fewer supports, although once again I'm don't know that for

It's definitely going to be an Intamin, without a doubt. B&M looks NOTHING like Intamin track. I thought that was already established information. There is speculation over at Pointbuzz that this may be another new prototype of attraction. I can't wait to see what they are up to.

I'd agree with the first response to my last post here - it would be ridiculous to store someone else's Intamin coaster track at Cedar Point. After seeing the photos of Atlantis Adventure at Lotte World, I'm now led to believe that CP's next coaster will be such an attraction. Maybe not as well themed, but just as fun. A water coaster is great to replace the great but under-visited White Water Landing.