Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Other Paper SoB article

Featured Replies

^ I also wonder how much they got back from the lawsuit...

I saw the paper version of the article this morning...Dave Althoff is quoted. Back years ago from reading his posts on rec.roller-coaster, I learned pretty much everything I know about coasters from him smile.gif

  • Author

I was not sure about this article, or the name of the paper for that matter, if it is reputable or not; but after reading that Dave Althoff Jr. is quoted in it, I put much more faith in it.

Dave is a really smart individual. They don't call him the ride man for nothing.

I may be in the minority here, but I want Son of Beast to stay. Maybe Cedar Fair will either have the track retro fitted with Intamin plug and play track or maybe new Intamin custom wood coaster trains.

I would like Son of Beast to stay. I also beleive that those heavy trains have alot to do with the roughness of the ride. They said in the article that one of the reasons for taking one car of each train was to help cut down on the wear and tear on the track. Anyone know what kinds of trains would be better for SOB?

I believe that the park won the lawsuit, but has yet to receive any money from the lawsuit. I`m sure that they hope to receive the money soon, especially if they need to make repairs after the investigation is concluded.

I would like Son of Beast to stay. I also beleive that those heavy trains have alot to do with the roughness of the ride. They said in the article that one of the reasons for taking one car of each train was to help cut down on the wear and tear on the track. Anyone know what kinds of trains would be better for SOB?

Well some steel coaster trains would fit. I would like to see some ML flyers made just for SOB. Who knows all new trains might make this the best ride in the park.

I think the problems are bigger than just track and trains. It's my guess that the supports and footings are the cause of rough ride. You can retrack it with what ever you like but without something to hold it up it's not going to fix it. This may be why it doesn't get fixed. They would have to start over from the ground and they are not going to do that.

Not saying that you are wrong, but, you are the first person I have heard mention that the roughness is caused by the structure and not the track or the train.

I was one of the few people who got to ride SOB the day it opened to the pubic before getting shut down for another few weeks. I don't remember it being so rough that day? Anyone else ride it that day in 2000?

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.