First Internet change

italianchef

Sure enough! Nice find! I imagine they made that change shortly after or at the time that Bonfante Gardens and Star Trek the Experience showed up on the Cedar Fair homepage map. I wouldn`t expect too many more changes to the website until after the regular season. In the off season, they will likely rebuild all five of the Paramount Parks websites.

I have noticed the very first change to www.pki.com. When you click on other parks, it takes you to Cedar Fair's homepage.

Also, when you type in http://www3.paramountparks.com, you also end up at http://www.cedarfair.com.

No big deal. I just thought I'd share.

Have a great day!

Italian Chef

chef.gif

I noticed that yesterday.

At least yesterday it was no longer taking you to the individual web sites either.

• 2 weeks later...

I cant wait for PKI to get a new website, the current one is not very informative and its slow. Hopefully the new site will have POV ride videos like CP's website does. The current website does not do justice to the great park KI is.

I also think the new website should have a blog started and webcams throughout the park. I also think a forums section would be great to let CF management know what we the paying public think and want.While they're at it why not let us put in our two cents worth when it comes to renaming park areas and rides. They could post proposed names and take polls to let us decide.

^hahah the interpreter knows more about marketing and how decisions are made in parks than you will probably ever know, pay attention to what he says, youll learn a lot. Forums dont always offer the best demogrpahic of opinions, especially amusement park forums, they usually consist of coaster coveting thrill seekers and kids, not the average soccer mom or family dad who will be the main focus of getting to the park to empty their wallets. Some parks have done nothing but market to these thrill seekers and put in the tallest and fastest but not the most reliable rides, it has neglected the family and caused them loss of profites and attendance like what has happened recently at Cedar Point. Some parks have been able to reach out to thrill seekers and the fmaily at the same time by offering multiple new family attractions. Know the park I'm talking about? SFGADV does things right!

Well, yes and no. Actually, today Mark Shapiro identified Great Adventure as the chain's biggest challenge due to its scope and audience. He said Six Flags Over Texas and Six Flags Over Georgia in particular were model parks for where he wants to take the company.

SFGAd may well be an example of thrill seeking taken to an extreme, along with Magic Mountain, and, yes, Cedar Point.