Buy now pay later.

PKIVortex

Did you notice the wording in the season long Parking Pass description?

It says;

“A season-long parking permit vehicle sticker will be issued for each Individual Season-Long Parking Pass purchased. This parking permit is valid at Paramount's Kings Island only.â€Â

I was hoping that they would not go to the sticker it is so 1970 and 1980ish. Time to catch up to the rest of the industy as to the parking situation Cedar Fair. I really don’t know which company vehicle that I will be using from one week to the next and it also depends if I'm bringing the Family from Indianapolis or if I am comming by myself, as to the size of vehical I will need.

Yes, Cedar Fair is going to stickers for parking passes.

Great Adventure tried this last season...for about four days. It was a colossal PR nightmare.

Note too, that like at Great Adventure, the sticker has the stick-um on the back and is to be applied to the OUTSIDE of your windshield. I can just imagine the problems this is going to cause (vandalism, theft, etc.)

Somebody at CF is worried to the extent of being anal that someone will take the sticker and tape it to vehicle after vehicle, sharing one parking sticker on a street, for example. There is being smart about theft, and there is annoying the daylights out of your customers. I fear they have opted for the latter.

What is so wrong with simply having the parking pass be included on the actual season pass? If they got the same type of machines that they have at the front gate that show the pass holder`s picture, then the parking staff would be able to identify that the person is indeed in the car and they get free parking. To me, in this day in age when families have multiple cars, it doesn`t make sense to only offer a pass on one vehicle.

So what about the 2006 pass holders that renewed and had parking added to their pass? Will their parking pass still be on their pass like in the past years, or will they too get a parking decal to apply to the outside of their windshield?

It is my understanding (though this is still being looked at) that ONE of the reasons for the temporary season pass was to give them options on how they address parking. I have been told the former Paramount Parks people are adamant that going to parking stickers is a mistake, and the Cedar Fair people are just as adamant they want to do it.

At Dollywood, parking comes with a gold pass, and the gold passholder must be in the vehicle to get the free parking. I guess Cedar Fair thinks people will be more reluctant to lend their car for free parking at the park than they would be to lend their kid for a day of free fun with the neighbor (who then got free parking).

Or something.

So what about the 2006 pass holders that renewed and had parking added to their pass? Will their parking pass still be on their pass like in the past years, or will they too get a parking decal to apply to the outside of their windshield?

That's what we are trying to figure out. On our temporary 2007 passes, or parking was on our actual pass. Now that could have been for the remainder of 2006, and they may issue us a sticker in the spring. I sure hope not, or I'll be one of the ones going to GR and complaining.

Well, if they do go all decal sticker, I`m sure they will receive complaints. Simply from the fact that one parent may take their kids up with them for a day of fun. While the other parent may want to take their kids up on another day. If they both have their own cars, it makes sense that if the parking pass is on one of the kid`s passes, then both parent will be able to park for free. What is the harm in that? Sure beats trying to always take the same car, not to mention if that car has to go to the shop for any extended period of time to fix mechanical issues.

As far as the parking stickers go, there is nothing to stop a family of four from getting 4 stickers and put two on their own cars and then give the other two away to other family members or friends. If they are so worried that some guest are going to get one over on them, then maybe they should just raise the park entry tickets by $2.50 and then advertise that they offer free parking.

At the Paramount Parks THIS year, that's true. But a parking sticker at Cedar Point is now close to $70. A family can buy four or four hundred if they wish, but they will pay for each. And you can buy Kings Island parking without a pass now...I know...I just did. It was $34.99 (I already have a Maxx pass from another Cedar Fair park).

Apparently, at Canada's Wonderland they have opted to again print the Parking Pass right onto the season pass. A Parking Pass there goes for $25.00 for the first one, with the option of including it on another purchased pass for $10.00 each.

From PCW's website:

"No parking decals will be issued for the 2007 season. For each parking permit purchased, a parking permit number will be printed directly onto the Season Pass photo ID card."