sob trains

fan of beast

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the last words that I heard from the park several weeks ago, they were hoping to open the ride by the end of June. I don`t know how realistic that is/was. But we shall see.

That seems like the realistic timing. Mid-End of June.

Given this is a company that can discover a defect, have new steel track pieces designed and fabricated by a company in Europe, install the track pieces, test the ride, have it inspected and open the ride, all in a reported two week period, I'm well above predicting anything.

Except this. It will open, if it does, when it does.

I think that KI should (If its not too late) build a tunnel or two on Son of Beast before reopening it for several reasons.

A) Because it would make it more beast-like (IMO it was the only thing the ride has been missing)

B) Because it would kind of compensate for the loss of the loop

C) It would help spark interest in the ride again. ("Ride the reborn Son of Beast, now with a new terrifying (x)-foot tunnel")

I understand the park probably doesn't have $$ for this, but I still believe something more should be done if Son of Beast wants to have a successful second-life.

A birdie flew down and told me they took a small test run on a portion of the track with a test chassis. 110% unconfirmed, so take it for what it's worth.

Really? Ive been hearing reports of people seeing tests going on or part of the train in the station. I rode drop zone twice today to see if I could see anything and there was absolutly nothing on any part of the track so take that for what it's worth.

A birdie flew down and told me they took a small test run on a portion of the track with a test chassis. 110% unconfirmed, so take it for what it's worth.

Did your birdie tell you if it was the part that broke?

My initial thought when I heard about the single train in the station was one of those controlled pull throughs. Maybe this means that they have the new "S-Turn" completed and now all they have to do is finish the trains and test run it x-number of times.....and get state approval of course.

I just got back from KI and i was getting of Top Gun, i tried to get as close to the SOB station as i could and i saw a few construction workers there and when i was on AE i saw a few trucks driving around SOB, people got out and where going by the new track.

I don't know what was going on, but i have a good feeling that SOB will open pretty soon!

=]

How long do you guys think the line will be when it opens? And do you think they will make a big deal about it or do you think all of a sudden just one day they'll remove the "sorry this ride is not running today" sign in front of the q-line?

When ever it does open they probably won't announce it, but on pki.com under SOB it won't say "This ride is currently closed."

And i bet the Q-Line won't be too long because people will most likely be to scared.

After all it has been closed for almost a year now.

When ever it does open they probably won't announce it, but on pki.com under SOB it won't say "This ride is currently closed."

And i bet the Q-Line won't be too long because people will most likely be to scared.

After all it has been closed for almost a year now.

Ill ride it, and if it breaks again ill just be in the news and get a settlement so it's really win win.

If anything else happens to SOB it'll be a gooner for sure. I'm really surprised that Cedar Fair is trying to fix SOB. They were another wooden coaster at another CF park that had a bad rep, and guess what it's gone now.

If anything else happens to SOB it'll be a gooner for sure. I'm really surprised that Cedar Fair is trying to fix SOB. They were another wooden coaster at another CF park that had a bad rep, and guess what it's gone now.

If they tear it down how much you think they'll charge for a piece of it in the gift shops?

LOL, I'd hope not. And to be honest I really don't want them to tear it down. SOB is a good ride, but it could be great. I will give it another shot once and when it reopens, and I hope its not a let down.

LOL, I'd hope not. And to be honest I really don't want them to tear it down. SOB is a good ride, but it could be great. I will give it another shot once and when it reopens, and I hope its not a let down.

Honestly im kind of nervous with the talk of the trains they are getting for it. All this ride had going for it was the loop take it away and theres no point, if only they built some good bunny hills for air-time or something. I do agree a tunnel would help ESP if you added fog, also someone was saying they should add a tunnel with fog for top gun. Would it be possible to have the 2 coasters share a pond or marsh area with fog? Cause that would be really cool.

Honestly im kind of nervous with the talk of the trains they are getting for it. All this ride had going for it was the loop take it away and theres no point, if only they built some good bunny hills for air-time or something. I do agree a tunnel would help ESP if you added fog, also someone was saying they should add a tunnel with fog for top gun. Would it be possible to have the 2 coasters share a pond or marsh area with fog? Cause that would be really cool.

I was the one who was saying Top Gun should have a tunnel with fog.

About that pond thing, i really like that idea but you would have to re-construct TG and SOB, now if they were seperate then it could work.

Top Gun has worked fine for many many years now. Lets not tie it in with this troubled coaster.

I love SOB. My favorite coaster in the park. But being in Action Zone, without that loud loud chain, and then hearing screams, something is missing for sure.

I would not be surprised if one day, it just opens. Without any notice. I wouldn't be surprise to see it operate for an hour, and be closed for another week, to see the stress on the wood. Cedar Fair is going to get this coaster fixed right. The way Paramounts should have. Under Paramounts, this ride would be gone by now. Paramounts had 5 years to fix the bumps in this coaster. Yet they never put a full pledge effort. Cedar Fair is gonna see what they can do. But if this coaster has another mishap, I'm afraid it may become a multi-million dollar pile of fire wood.

Did your birdie tell you if it was the part that broke?

No, it was not the helix.

If they tear it down how much you think they'll charge for a piece of it in the gift shops?

I don't know but that would be one hell of a souveneir. Funny though.

I don't know but that would be one hell of a souveneir. Funny though.

They could use it to finance the cost of a new coaster, although Im pretty sure they've already actually made money on SOB with all the lawsuits.