Dollar Days 2014

jdf21972

Dollar Days are back this August 30 - September 1 ! I was able to call and get information about what they are offering and where in the park to find it.

Larosa's Pizza $1 - All pizza locations

Hot Dogs $1 - Tower Grill & Picnic Grove

Blue Ice Cream $1 - Ice Cream Zone & Planet Snoopy Ice Cream

Cotton Candy $1 - At 3 park locations

Fresh Watermelon $1 - At Coney Marketplace

Frozen soft lemonade $1 - Action Zone, Planet Snoopy, Picnic Grove

The big thing is that Soak City will not be offering any $1 items, they are offering $1 food items in the Picnic Grove.

Rope Ladder Climb $1

Hi-Striker $1

other selected games $1

Bring a Friend Days also up to 4 people $19.99 each for 2014 Gold or Platinum Pass holders.

• Like 1

All the LaRosas you can keep down for $1 a slice?

Yuck...and, no thanks. Would be a great place to people watch. Sit by the fountain, and watch them line up like cattle.

Nothing like spending a day watching the masses shovel pizza down their gulletts at $1 a slice.

• Like 7

I was at KI for "Dollar Days" twice last year - on Labor Day Monday and again for the bonus day added to the schedule when one park buy-out got cancelled.

It is a popular promotion, so the park became somewhat crowded. Lines at participating food locations were impressive, but they were short very early (~10-11am) and then again within a few hours of park closing. Major attractions had minimal waits early in the day, but they got progressively worse as people finished digesting their piles of pizza.

• Like 1

Unfortunately for my people watching fun, the kid and I will be in Louisville Sunday eve for Corky Miller Night.

Trip to Louisville Slugger Museum, a night at Galt House hotel for $54 on Hotwire, $12 front row tickets, how can you beat that?

They do have $1 Hot Dogs and $1 Pepsi that night...

4977_1407320793.jpg

• Like 5

Not sure what's so bad about dollar days? My wife and I have went the past 2 years and we quite enjoy it. Although we don't go to pig out and make ourselves sick. It is one time during the operating season that we do eat in the park though. It's fun to go grab a couple slices of pizza for dinner and then later in the evening grab an ice cream for dessert and maybe a bag of cotton candy to take home. I don't think it's too bad at all really. Yes, I'm sure some people show up and act like it's the only food they'll ever eat again, but I think most of us are reasonable and can enjoy the day without going too crazy.

• Like 3

Say what you want about me but I feel that it brings less mannered, more rude patrons who normally would skip the park; AKA cheap skates and those looking for the next best thing to a hand out who splurge because they can.

With that said I'm sure there are some good people who cannot otherwise afford to spend much money at all in the park and may come rarely if ever. It could be their family's biggest event of the year.

Because of that, it's a great idea but the mob mentality around the deals makes it a no go for me.

• Like 2

I haven't been able to find the $20 BAF in official writing anywhere yet. Went to the full site and everything, it only talks about the $1 food. Same with Facebook and Twitter.

I'm sure since jdf21972 actually called the park and got the info it is true, I just don't know why they aren't mentioning it.

$19.99 Bring A Friend for Gold/Platinum Pass Holders was included in the handout they gave me at the South Tolls.
  • Like 2

The crowds on Dollar Days will be at Walmart on Black Friday. (Princess Sparkles and I are at Walmart on Black Friday.) I think there is a connection there that explains a whole lot. However, Walmart on Black Friday brings people watching to new heights, at times frightening ones.

• Like 4

I just want to ride some Coasters. I may be embarking on a journey soon that will severely limit my time to do so. Haven't been to HW in over two years now.

Our one and only BAF visit was not a pleasant one and we will never do it again.

Hope to visit KI at least once more this season as we are going on hiatus next year.

• Like 1

On days with normal hours, International Street LaRosa's typically opens around park opening, and Cinnabon opens with the park. Most other food locations do not open until one hour after park opening. That may be different with a noon opening, though, since people will be ready for lunch immediately. Back on the Friday after opening day, when the park did not open until 4pm, food locations opened with the park.