8/16 Super-crowded

italianchef

Yesterday I went to the park with my wife and son. It was super-crowded. Never had I see such long lines to the rides, to get photographed with SpongeBob, or even use the bathroom. All we ended up doing was riding the Kings Island & Miami Valley Railroad to purchase clothes at Boomerang Bay. Ironically there were few people there - but we didn't bring our bathing suites! Hence, we left the park. :(

Guest kwindshawne
Yesterday I went to the park with my wife and son. It was super-crowded. Never had I see such long lines to the rides, to get photographed with SpongeBob, or even use the bathroom. All we ended up doing was riding the Kings Island & Miami Valley Railroad to purchase clothes at Boomerang Bay. Ironically there were few people there - but we didn't bring our bathing suites! Hence, we left the park. :(

I agree.....it was bedlam..I have never seen it that crowded.

That many people on a Thursday? I've been multiple times on Thursdays and it's never been overly crowded. I guess it has to deal with school starting soon so people are rushing to the park to get some last minute fun in. I'm sorry to hear you had to leave.

I don't know what was up with Drop Zone it was really weird, the ride was up and down all day and at like 8 or so the seats were 1/4 of the way up and one side of cables was really slacked and looked like no weight was on it while the other side was tight. The park was quite packed and quite honestly the most crowded I have ever seen it this year

I was there too. It was the day of the Weird Al concert, which was GREAT, by the way. And alot of the schools are going back this week.

I'm heading down on Tues for couple hours and I'm hoping it'll be dead so I can get in lots of rides. This will be my last trip till mid-October for Fearfest. :(

The park was packed, it took me forever to find a parking space. I was there for the Weird Al concert. I saw at least one person I know from here at the metal detectors. I only got to ride Racer and the the Zephyr then it was time for the show. Which was just as well. I'll be there again on Tuesday as well.

I don't know what was up with Drop Zone it was really weird, the ride was up and down all day and at like 8 or so the seats were 1/4 of the way up and one side of cables was really slacked and looked like no weight was on it while the other side was tight. The park was quite packed and quite honestly the most crowded I have ever seen it this year

Drop Zone was locked in the position that it was in to block the view of the Timberwolf from the tower so people couldn't just stand up there and get a free show.

I'm not sure why that cable was slacked, however the ride did return to a home position close to close. Then again, it was down on Sunday and the catch car was paused about 3/4 the way to the top, yet the carriage was at the bottom.