A (very) small update

CoasterKrazy

Just a small update for anyone who has not yet had the opportunity to make it to the park for season pass processing:

-All Paramount-branded location signs in the parking lot have been removed. Son of Beast, Beast, Gold Pass Parking, and Preferred Parking signs are still there.

-Panels on brown attraction signs along Kings Island Drive south referring to Paramount have been removed.

-The Cedar Fair Platinum pass is very similar to last year's Maxx Pass. The only differences are that the Platinum pass is named a such, and is grey rather than red.

-The front-left ride and safety sign (with scrolling notice at top) has had new footings poured (or existing footings were repaired). As of yesterday, it was still being supported externally.

-The sign along the west face of International Restaurant is empty.

-I was not able to see any indication of construction going on within the park.

Ok,while we were done getting our pass i went around the proccesing to peek through the fence and Drop Towers old sign was still up,Invertigos train looked different.Then we sat and watched some rides test and I only saw The Vortex,The Racer,and fairly Odd Coaster.The Vortex tested about a billion times,and saw the Recar,but of course it was turned around!

I'm pleased that signs of Paramount are disappearing. It makes me feel like I'll be visiting a new park.

It did look very different when we got out of the car.The sign was different,The ticket thing looked different without those stars everywhere,the titanic sign was gone,and the parking lot signs (the ones with Paramount names on it)were all gone.It looked so different,and one of the gates to enter the park were open and the sign looked different,like the little flags on the "I's" were on their.

Its kind of sad to see paramount go de to the sheer fact that when i grew up thats all i can remember was paramount. Oh well out with the old in with the new. Glad to see some good changes happening.

See, that is so respectable. I feel like a point has been made to me with your comment. I never did enjoy any of the paramount ( anything ). But it is because I was so deep into a comfort zone with what I grew up with. All that I can say to you is that if I have learned anything from paramount's era it is this...despite all of the new things that make you feel uncomfortable, you will still be able to make good memories. Because it does not matter what you get to do and see, it's that you and your loved ones can enjoy the memories together.

I've always felt the same way!!! It's not Paramount or Cedar Fair or ride names or anything other than the fact that for those few hours we are at the park, all of our troubles in the outside world cease to exist and I can spend real time with the ones I love with no distractions. it is pure fun and we have nothing to do but love the park and each other. I hope my children learn that too.....

I've always felt the same way!!! It's not Paramount or Cedar Fair or ride names or anything other than the fact that for those few hours we are at the park, all of our troubles in the outside world cease to exist and I can spend real time with the ones I love with no distractions. it is pure fun and we have nothing to do but love the park and each other. I hope my children learn that too.....

That's exactly how I feel. I don't care what any of the names are, I just care about the time that I spend there with my friends and family that I will never get back. Those are true memories. I won't look back and say Drop Tower's name was so lame it prevented me from enjoying it. I'll say I wish I could ride Drop Tower with my friends again.

anyone else notice that contrary to what i have heard on here, on the back of a platinum pass it reads Park perks and priviledges are only valid at Kings Island and are not valid at any other Cedar Fair, L.P. Park. It should be also noted that it says Halloween Haunt Admission will not be free and is not included with the pass.

anyone else notice that contrary to what i have heard on here, on the back of a platinum pass it reads Park perks and priviledges are only valid at Kings Island and are not valid at any other Cedar Fair, L.P. Park. It should be also noted that it says Halloween Haunt Admission will not be free and is not included with the pass.

The back of my Platinum Pass stats exactly what you have said.

Rules and policies can and do change from time to time. Obviously, they changed since they printed up the current batch of Platinum Passes.

The Platinum Pass perks will be valid at all parks if you have a Platinum Pass. And Halloween Haunt at Kings Island will be included with your Platinum Pass.

Rules and policies can and do change from time to time. Obviously, they changed since they printed up the current batch of Platinum Passes.

The Platinum Pass perks will be valid at all parks if you have a Platinum Pass. And Halloween Haunt at Kings Island will be included with your Platinum Pass.

But, as you say, "rules and policies can and do change".......