Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

....I still think those two supports behind the Crypt are for the first drop on the grounds that they look thicker than the supports for the second hill.

The renderings show the supports for the second drop are of the same thickness as the ones for the second hill. And the ones behind Crypt resemble the thickness of the supports that hold the crest and majority of the first drop.

This could actually help the guest flow a lot better than what it is right now, even with the Swan Lake path blocked off for construction.

That main Rivertown path (from RVT Pizza to Crypt) gets so congested it is insane. Especially with the addition of both the beer cart in front of Pizza (which gets massive lines during Haunt and on weekends) and the Getaway Vacation station (which, honestly, would've worked out much better in Coney in front of the Jukebox Diner), it becomes way too crowded and it gets to be a hassle to walk on that path.

A bridge connecting the path in front of the restroom beside Stunt Track and the path behind Wings would most certainly help out by adding extra and quicker access to the other side of Rivertown.

....I still think those two supports behind the Crypt are for the first drop on the grounds that they look thicker than the supports for the second hill.

The renderings show the supports for the second drop are of the same thickness as the ones for the second hill. And the ones behind Crypt resemble the thickness of the supports that hold the crest and majority of the first drop.

Hmm... I guess you didn't copy me.

You wrote down very close to what I said.

Me and you are the only ones that think that those yellow supports are for the drop.

GO US!!

Wouldn't a bridge over a speeding coaster be a safety hazard for the riders? I mean, people would be standing there watching the coaster coming; full plastic cup of soda in their hand then they drop it just as a train is flying under the bridge. Doesn't seem like they'd allow for that kind of situation.

Griffon has it.

Wouldn't a bridge over a speeding coaster be a safety hazard for the riders? I mean, people would be standing there watching the coaster coming; full plastic cup of soda in their hand then they drop it just as a train is flying under the bridge. Doesn't seem like they'd allow for that kind of situation.

Technically, the same could be said for Congo Falls in the fact that people could throw stuff at the oncoming boat.

^^That'd be some neat timing, and nevermind that the track is still much higher above the train if you've seen it person...

Back to regularly scheduled daydreaming that most serious posters have been wisely avoiding... (not to say that it's not good to dream, but nothing greatly special will be happening with the R-town midway, the special stuff is up in the sky with 200' supports, oh yeah, and the Swan Lake pathway re-opening!!)

"Topping off the lift hill requires the use of a second crane, which arrived on property early this morning. Once the second crane is in place, the work that needs to be done in this area of the ride should happen rather quickly."

Don Helbig: www.kiDiamondback.com

So the hold up was they were waiting for the second crane to arrive. Cool.

The same thing could happen on Vortex the track comes right up next to the fence. You could easily throw something at the train.

"Topping off the lift hill requires the use of a second crane, which arrived on property early this morning. Once the second crane is in place, the work that needs to be done in this area of the ride should happen rather quickly."

I bet it would be awesome if KICentral had a photographer there to document the lift hill being topped off.

I bet it would be awesome if KICentral had a photographer there to document the lift hill being topped off.

Hmmm self fulfilling prophecy ;)

The same thing could happen on Vortex the track comes right up next to the fence. You could easily throw something at the train.

Kind of off topic of the topic, but relating to these comments. I've seen a handful of teenie-somethings throwing coins at the trains in Millennium Force's line right in front of the Unload station. I was stunned that people can be so stupid. It seemed as though they succeeded too because you could hear the clanking. Luckily I didn't see anyone who seemed as though they had been hit. I was hoping these stupid @$$es would be seen by an employee, as they did it at least 3 or 4 times, but no one did.

I'm sure it happens more than we realize, but apparently not usually successful as the park would have done something a long time ago, especially at Vortex. I guess we will see about DB.