Dolphin Show

Guest TombRaidersthebest

Guest TombRaidersthebest

my mom says they had a dolphin show a while ago I wish they still had it. Now they have some stupid America thing that has country music. Why did they take it out do you know? I herd the Monorail was cool. I wish that the animals where back. Why did they take 'um away? ;)

The monorail was bought by Jungle Jim, for his grocery store in Fairfield, where he is installing it so others can use it to get around his store. The animal attraction wasn't all out popular and that is why it was removed. The Dolphin thing was really kewl, and I also remember a point in time when they had sea lions as well. I think they did away with that due to cost of all of it, including the tanks and stuff. I'd bet the tanks are probably still there under the stage, so if they wanted to change things back, they could, but due to cost, I'd bet they never will.

The dolphin show was taken out because the tank was to small to hold the dolphins. After they took the dolphins out that is when they put the sea liones in. Than I think the animal rights people got on the park about houseing the see lions in such a small tank so they got read of it all together. After that there was a bird show in its spot for I think 2 years than they demolished the stadium all together. The dolphin stadium was located to the left of the International Showplace.

Guest TombRaidersthebest
I don't think that is right. The ztadium is still in the same place it has always been. Its just has a stage on top of it now. They do some kind of musical revue crap on it in the summer.

I have to agree thats what my famly says but hey, I could be wrong.

The Dolphin show and stadium was removed shortly after Paramount took over. Interest had wained, and the cost was not worthwhile.

The staduim was indeed it's own entity and sat next to the International Showplace. Shows were scheduled so that the sounds of the International Showplace performance did not contrast the aquarium show.... and vise versa.

The reason people recall both Sea Lions and Dolphins is because they were rotated out year-to-year. They were on a three year rotation between parks. Dolphins one season, trained Birds the next, followed by Sea Lions.

The Wild Animal Safari Monerail was closed after the 1993 season. The animals had died off and interest was gone. The park saw no need to keep the costly attraction with just a handful of animals. The Monerail trains sat on property behind Timberwolf Amphitheatre until 1998 when they were sold (along with the squirting Blue Elephant fountain from Hanna Barberra Land) to Jungle Jims in Fairfield Ohio. The park debated for several years what to do with the old Monerail. But the building of Outer Limits and proposed expansion of Action Zone took precidence.

Shaggy

I have a question for all of you. What do you think the park should do with the land that the stadium used to be on? I think that a wild mouse would fit in nicely, or I would like to see some sort of museum about the park. Part of the museum could be dedicated to removed rides and they could have some of the old Phantom Theater robots in it like Maestro that talks about the history of the theater. And the other part of the museum could have things like the old FOF trains and thinks like that.

You do realize the 'pond' isn't where the dolphin show was, don't you? There actually used to be a canoe ride (if I remember correctly, no I was never on it) on the 'pond'. The Dolphin Theater was literally right up next to the International Showplace...between Showplace and where that little Smoothie-drink shop is. You could actually see into Showplace from the top row of seats in the Dolphin Theater. Right now there are just a few trees in the area. But yes, I agree that parks do need some green-space or scenery.

One thing they better not put there is some darn museum. The paramount story is a museum of types, but its more like the PKI Ghetto, or the PKI rumpke dump. Its a craphole, and they either need to clean it up and take care of it, or tear the dang thing down, and put something nice there.

fyrfyter,

You must like saying the word ghetto. I have seen you post it like 4 times in seperate posts. Last time I checked there weren't run-down buildings, bums and slumlords hanging out in that section of the park. So I doubt the word ghetto fits. ;-) I personally like "The Paramount Story" and enjoy it's tranquility. I just wish it had a few more benches and seating.

SML828,

The canoe ride was not located on that pond. The canoe ride (Called Shawnee Landing) was located where The Beast's station is now. It was operated through the 77 season. Next to it was the "Nature Trail" that led into the woods then located behind KCKC. The Rivertown pond has never been home to an attraction. It did have a foot bridge that allowed guests to cross from the restaraunt (now Wings) to the Antique car area. But that bridge was eliminated years ago. You are exactly correct in you memory of the location of the Dolphin show.

Shaggy

Its dirty as hell, looks like it hasn't been cleaned in ages, and everything in it is old and beat. If they actually took care of it, and kept it looking nice like when it was new, then I might like it too; But in its current state, it is a slum, and should be torn down.

Actually, if I remember correctly, werent the two stadums back to back to each other? I know that they were in close proximity to each other.

The Canoe ride was definitely before my time, but I have one question: Was there a pond below The Beast building after the construction of The Beast? I have always wondered this, and would make more sense for the theming.

I think that the Paramount Story would be better if they put weather-resistand movie props. But to go one step further, tear it down and build a buinding to commerate Paramounts Story. But on the other hand, it just wount be the same. So I say that its not hurting a thing so I leave it alone.

It is dirty and need some cleaning up. In my view, I think its not popular because people go to Kings Island, not Paramounts Kings Island. Paramount is just rubbing there movies in your face. Like in the Action Zone they have those big movie posters. Also in the Paramount Story, they put little stones in the ground for all of there movies they made. Well, Paramount is making the movie Jackass. I might go in to see that stone once its but in the ground! :lol:

Guest TombRaidersthebest

I think that the paramount story thing is just a short cut to the Eiffel Tower to meat my family from Action Zone. though my dad loves to because that’s the only place where there is Star Trek stuff.

Actually, i think it is exactly the opposite. I did not start liking Kings Island until Paramount came into ownership. In my opinion, they have turned out some butt-kicking rides since then, and I also enjoy the fact that it is now a movie park. ( face it, thats were it is going, w/ TR, NICKELODEON, FOF, Action Zone, PARAMOUNT STORY, ACTION F/X, TOP GUN,etc.) Paramount will be great for PKI, but they are still in the early learning process. Just give Paramount some time, they'll get it right. :)

I personally think it's past the learning stages...Paramount's had ownership long enough that they should have a rough idea of what they SHOULD be doing. Speaking as an employee (just finished my 8th season), I think Paramount is in it only for the money. The park has lost a lot of the 'family' aspects since Paramount bought it.

It is, it's about all the movies and stuff. It's boring, but a nice place to sit on a hot day. I think all of the props need to brought back and such and refurbished, but besides that it's ok. Anyways I think that the only way the pond should be used is for part of a coaster, it would make a great finally, but if not leave it! Anyways, I remember the Dolphin Show faintly, would be nice to have it still, but oh well.

If they wanted to make it better, get rid of the Paramount Story part and crap, and make it the Kings Island Story. Have a timeline of everything major that has happened (good & bad) and have items from the past as well as the present in there. Then it would be really kewl, cause I am sure, they have lots of old KI stuff hiiden in some warehouse around PKI.