Flight Deck New Theming

Blake

I think i heard on here that they were putting the fog back on top gun this year along with some other special effects on other rides...or was this just a rumor...

yes :lol:

I also heard they were actually going to have working effects on The Crypt this year too. :P

now one could only wish for that lol......but hopefully by next year we might have somewhat better theming for it lol...doubt it though

You people here at KI are a bunch of greedy people aren't ya? ;) Your getting a B&M hyper and your still complaining about names and theming of other coasters at the park. Atleast your getting a great ride while my number one love, Cedar Point, is getting new fountains. :)

For each thing, there is a time and a season.

Cedar Point has had some glorious additions over the years...as has Kings Island. 2008 was the year for new shows and entertainment at Kings Island. Unless the economy changes drastically in the near future, most need to prepare for lean years to come park-wise. That's the way it is.

Guest rcfreak339
You people here at KI are a bunch of greedy people aren't ya? ;) Your getting a B&M hyper and your still complaining about names and theming of other coasters at the park. Atleast your getting a great ride while my number one love, Cedar Point, is getting new fountains. :)

Flight Deck needs love bad....

Its not that bad. Yes, the silver colored track doesn`t look the greatest, but it is still serving its purpose. Now if there was bare steel and rust exposed all over the place, then that would be a completely different matter. While it may not be aesthetically sharp as it once was, the paint is still serving its purpose to protect the steel.

I just want the lower ques to open again! Since I never had a chance to experience it!

Why would you want that? Everything down there is broken. Since they put in the lower deck bypass, I dont think anyone will ever see lower deck open.

What exactly was/is in the lower queue? I too have never gotten to experience it and would love for it to be opened.

I'll try and find a pic of it, but I know I can describe it as I was one of those who experienced it and can say there was nothing interesting about it.

Basically, after you walk forever and ever and ever on the concrete path, where you actually get to the ride structure itself, right now you walk along a catwalk type path on the edge of the structure, to a staircase. To the left of that pathway is a lot of semi-open space. That is the "lower queue" area. You used to turn left into it and wait underneath the station before heading up the stairs.

Actually, when they had the lower queue open, you turned right into it, not left. On either side when you first entered the lower queue, there were racks with missiles on them. There was artificial fog rising up from below the missle racks in these missile display areas. Next, you came to a section that gave the appearance of being on the aircraft carrier's bridge/control tower. It had "control panels" with various switches, lights, etc. There were windows with pictures in them that gave it the appearance of overlooking the flight deck of the carrier. There was also real water hitting the glass of the window, with a windshield wiper wiping it away. The closest picture I can find to what this looked like is this. After passing through this section, you came to the stairs that you use today to get up to the ride station.

I remember waiting in that line with my parents when you went into the lower queue...they also had helmets and stuff on display...I hated roller coasters then but liked to go through there and look at all of the neat stuff..i remember the windshield wiper but dont remember if i could see water or not...its been way too long...