SC:2013

BB1

Today is it ladies and gentlemen, last day for our 2013 Soak City (Summer/Water) operation hours. So, in this thread you could share some of your 2013 memories, tips for next year, and thoughts of this season. If you are at the park today, then do ride all of your favorite slides before the aquatic thrills shut down!

Being the official unofficial waterpark enthusiast, you could expect that I would post this :D

• Like 4

I remember that too Terp....I think Sunlight pool had that requirement as well....I know our local pool did...not sure how that can be enforced, and who would want to be in the locker room enforcing a soapy shower....

My biggest peeve is when parents carry an infant in a disposable diaper into the pool...and they come out of the pool looking like they have a full load in their drawers. Plus, who is to say the diaper isn't dirty to begin with...

I see that, and I'm done for the day.

• Like 1

Well, I've only been to the waterpark a few times this season; but I did have a blast the last time I went (on 8/25). I started with Zoom Flume (which I hadn't been on in years) and rode everything I wanted to ride as most lines were very short! Because of that trip, my favorite slide is Pineapple Pipeline (the body slides that go straight down, left and right), left side (the orange one). Even though the middle (teal) one is probably the fastest because of the drop, I love how extreme the left side's twisting drop is and how there is a piece of straight track right before the splashdown so that one can process everything they just went through. It's a winner for me! :D

• Like 1

^Agreed. The only time I go to the waterpark is with the Fam, but now and again I'll sneak away for a slide or two. Those slides NEVER seem to have much of a line but are the best in the park IMO.

Everytime I've made it to the top- there always seems to be 2 or 3 people on the slides to each side and no wait for the middle. The first time I went for it there was a definite "OH...." followed by something that I'm glad to report no kids were around to hear.

• Like 2

my memories of the waterpark are not so good this season. we only made it over there once, my fiance and I were having a great day relaxing at Soak City, did a few slides and did the lazy river, we packed up our bookbag and headed over to the big wave pool to hang out for a bit and I found 2 lounge chairs right up front! I was so excited. we were in the wave pool for 2 cycles. when we decided we were going to head back to the dry park to eat dinner. so we go to the chairs and our bag was gone! I could not believe it. we were no more than 10ft away! we spent the rest of our day with security. our clothes, car keys, phones, and wallets were all in the bag. but I have to say that Kings Island helped us so much! they got us new tshirts, flip-flops and even gave us snoopy bucks so we could go get dinner. and after about an hour and a half our bag was found and the only thing missing was my wallet. if Don reads this, please pass along to your guest relations and security depts how grateful we were that they were so helpful. never again going to Soak City without a locker! :)

• Like 1