Is it possible not to get drenched on White Water Canyon, or is it possible not to get soaked on Congo Falls?

kingsislandfan1972

I have taken a ride on Congo Falls almost every time I've went on a summer day for the past few seasons. I've taken upwards of thirty rides on it, without never once getting wet enough to were water soaks through my shoes and gets my socks wet. I always suggest it to people as a means to cool off without getting drenched.

Although, I imagine if the geysers at the end were timed appropriately it would be a different story. It is still easy to put your feet under the seat in front of you.

• Like 3

My biggest issue with water rides is that I am always carrying a cell phone or two and my car keys and I just don't want to pay to put my stuff in a locker for one ride or two. Because of that, I don't make it a habit to ride water rides, but generally on a really hot day I find it refreshing to take a ride on either WWC or Congo Falls. I know that you generally can walk off either wet or dry depending, but if anything I find the nice breeze over the water to be a nice effect.

• Like 1

I've never been a fan of water rides and having the feeling of getting drenched and that wet clothes feeling afterwards. But the best place to get soaked is in the right corner of Amazon Falls a wall of water will drench you. Perfect for that hot humid 100* day at the park around 3pm. But if I want to get wet, I'll just go to Soak City.

Sent from my iPhone using Taptalk

I always seem to ride White Water Canyon at about the time the "US Squirtillery Battalion" shows up at the water cannons; often loaded with more quarters than I take to the freakin' laundromat, and possibly using some kind of laser aiming technology because every...freakin'....time! :angry:

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...