Whats up with Drop Zone?

flightoffear1996

• 3 weeks later...

In 1999 it was to roate all the way to the top, you would go all the way around twice. Drop Zone has experienced alot of problems with the roating. Sometimes it doesn't roate at all just goes up. So now that's why it only roates once. It's been doing that for atleast the last 2 seasons.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

you know while drop zone is going up, you notice when you look up @ right side of the car you can see 2 motors controlling the rotation. There are different versions of the gyro drop, the tilt gyro drop, that sucker tilts the seats @ a 15' degree angle and its pretty terrifying :cowboy: and the newer version of the Drop Tower (PKD's Drop Zone) the sucker seats like 50 people, and the magnets come in later for more airtime on DZ @ PKD :chef:

I think so...but DZ isn't all about airtime. I think that one of the most fun parts of riding DZ is going up and getting held at the top for seven seconds. When you are up here you are just praying that they let you down as fast as they can and you are scared ****less! :lol:

• 5 months later...

In August, 1999, a 12-year-old boy was killed when he fell from Intamin's Drop Zone Stunt Tower freefall ride at Paramount's Great America theme park in Santa Clara, California. An investigation into his death yielded no explanation as to why he fell from the ride.

I heard three different stories on what caused his death.

Story one was that there was a restraint malfuction. A guest on the ride said he heard a click (after the click that is supposed to happen) and he looked over and the restraint was up.

Story number 2 was that the boy was too little to ride.

Story 3 was that he had a preexstiing condition and he lost upper body control and that caused him to fall out.

You can belevive what one you want but 3 sounds the most realistic cause restraints almost never come up and number 2 how many 12 year old kids are too short to ride dropzone?

I have heard that he suffered from some sort of mental conditional and was forced onto the ride. The moral of the story is to never force an unwinning partron onto a ride. Whether they're scared or don't feel like riding, or whatever. Especially when it comes to children because they are extremely likely to attempt to exit the ride while it's in motion.

I don't know if it is just me or not but my dad noticed this to about DZ. Last season when you were rising up the tower it was all smooth, which is normal.. well this season as it rose closer to the top I noticed it would bounce until the very top like the lift was having trouble pulling the seats up or something. Everytime I rode it, it would bounce. Is that normal? I guess its not a big problem or they wouldn't let anyone on if it was.