What was there before Drop Zone?

Stitch

Drop Zone was part of the Adventure Village Expansion, along with Face-Off. Nothing was in its current area. I may be wrong but I think part of the Timber wolf entrance was in that area.

As written in the History Timeline on PKIC...

1999:

The Adventure Village theme area is renamed Paramount’s Action Zone and two rides are added to this area: Drop Zone (World Tallest Intamin Gyro Drop) and Face/Off (Vekoma Invertigo inverted roller coaster). Amazon Falls is renamed Congo Falls ("Congo" is a Paramount movie title). Son of Beast construction begins.

This is the map when It became Action Zone...

user posted image

~Img is from coasterunderground.tripod.com

Nothing but grass. The monorail was where the rip cord swing is at.

Speaking of the Monorail is the one at Jungle Jim's ever going to open? I remeber them talking about that for years now, my guess is budget ran short? The stuff is still there so maybe they are just waiting.

Well, I believe that there was a shop situated between where Drop Zone and the current On Location shop are located at now. 1999 was also the year that Outback Discounters was torn down and Ice Scream Zone added. (The King Cobra line no longer dumped you out into a gift shop).

Also, the site that Face Off sits on used to be one of two public picnic groves that were outside the front gate. The second picnic grove was sitauted down in the valley, along side what was once Columbia Road before the park opened in 1972. There was a set of wooden stairs that connected the lower picnic grove with the one that resided where Face Off now resides. That wooden stair is still there and visible from the Face Off queue line. Although it is now completely overgrown and blocked by a chain link fence gate.

Well, I believe that there was a shop situated between where Drop Zone and the current On Location shop are located at now. 1999 was also the year that Outback Discounters was torn down and Ice Scream Zone added. (The King Cobra line no longer dumped you out into a gift shop).

Also, the site that Face Off sits on used to be one of two public picnic groves that were outside the front gate. The second picnic grove was sitauted down in the valley, along side what was once Columbia Road before the park opened in 1972. There was a set of wooden stairs that connected the lower picnic grove with the one that resided where Face Off now resides. That wooden stair is still there and visible from the Face Off queue line. Although it is now completely overgrown and blocked by a chain link fence gate.

Yup

You are right.