The Official Diamondback Thread

teenageninja

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks amazing! I'm glad they decided to go with something a little more themed than Behemoth. That name is a bit too generic in my opinion. I have to say that I especially like the graphic on the front of the trains. The splashdown with the rocks looks really cool too, but I have to wonder if those will show up or not. Can't wait for it to open!!

Generic, there is only one other Diamondback ride in the entire world, pretty ungeneric to me. Also, if vertical construction is in fact done in November, then they will have time to plant all of the trees and rock and such shown in the video. I would imagine that KI would be going all out on this. McVeen's videos typically show rides almost totally accurately (see Maverick*)

*note that one heartline roll was removed

Diamondback, much better than Mustang.

Also anyone notice how many times you cross in and out of the support structure? Ive been looking at the pictures and the POV and this things is crossing in and out quite a bit. Should provide for some great head and arm choppers. Not to mention an increased sense of speed.

Will that's nice to see, were getting a ride that doesn't bet you to death. Those hill's will provide lots of airtime, along with the water element at the end, like the B&M's dive coasters. You can almost tell the opening day for this will be busy. The flaming skull, looks family friendly to.

Let me say this about that. If I were a consultant for Cedar Fair (which I am not), and I had been asked to offer my opinion as to what roller coaster Kings Island needed most, a B and M hypercoaster would have been my suggestion. This is an ideal addition to Kings Island. These rides are crowd pleasers, high capacity, reliable and just incredible fun. Seldom do I see happier riders than those exiting Nitro, Goliath, etc.

The name is great, it seems to fit the area of the park well, and the marketing, so far, has been spot-on. I think this will be a fantastic addition to Kings Island.

So, does this coaster compare at all to Maverick?

Thats the coaster I hear more good reviews about than any other.

Maverick is a totally different kind of coaster from a different manufacturer. The ride experiences are not really comparable. I think you will be well pleased with Diamondback, but see it as very different from Maverick.

As for the name, Frontier City in Oklahoma has an Arrow Shuttle Loop (like Screamin' Demon) named Diamond Back. It is part of the old Lightning Loops from Great Adventure:

http://www.rcdb.com/ig586.htm?picture=1

Be SURE to see the picture of BOTH parts when they lived at Great Adventure:

http://www.rcdb.com/ig585.htm?picture=1

So, does this coaster compare at all to Maverick?

Thats the coaster I hear more good reviews about than any other.

Maverick is a totally different kind of coaster from a different manufacturer. The ride experiences are not really comparable. I think you will be well pleased with Diamondback, but see it as very different from Maverick.

As for the name, Frontier City in Oklahoma has an Arrow Shuttle Loop (like Screamin' Demon) named Diamond Back. It is part of the old Lightning Loops from Great Adventure:

http://www.rcdb.com/ig586.htm?picture=1

Be SURE to see the picture of BOTH parts when they lived at Great Adventure:

http://www.rcdb.com/ig585.htm?picture=1

Wow, after your pictures, I went back and searched Maverick.

It is completely different.

Man, I feel stupid......

Maybe it's something I ate?

Yeah with the capacity of this ride I would be really suprised if the wait were more than 2 or 3 hours on opening day even. Cause thats what the wait was opening day when I rode Firehawk and it's ride capacity is terrible.

I wonder if Firehawks line will be any shoretr due to the new ride.Actually I think it will affect most all the coasters lines!