Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

FUN&ONLY!

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by FUN&ONLY!

  1. I don’t necessarily think there will be that many anti-mask people that the demand will be so low. I get some people are very particular when it comes to wearing masks, but the majority probably won’t care that much. For those who can’t stand wearing masks, don’t let it be a dealbreaker. The park will make sure it doesn’t ruin your day. The park probably would not have been cleared to open if they did not require masks.
  2. Kings Island is a much more visited park, however, and it has a much more local draw compared to Silver Dollar City and other parks like Cedar Point. Those parks get a lot of their attendance from travelers while the majority of Kings Island’s attendance comes from residents within 200 miles of the park. People may not want to go on large road trips to destination parks, but I think the majority of locals will still want to come to a regional park like Kings Island which is better than most “destination” park in my opinion.
  3. I keep checking my phone because I know when the announcement is finally made, days are going to sell out in a flash.
  4. In an investor call last week, Cedar Fair mentioned it would announce the reopening dates and plans for many of their parks this week. My guess is Monday or Tuesday, but I am pretty sure we will know before the week’s end.
  5. I don’t see the point in arguing over masks. Yeah Kings Island will probably require masks, and yes they will probably have employees remind guest to wear masks. Whether you wear a mask religiously or laugh them off as a redundant safety measure, I think following park policy is the right way to go. Again, I think the park will try to allow guests to take breathers throughout the day, and I don’t think it should be a problem for even the biggest of mask haters. People who can’t listen to the simplest of instructions probably shouldn’t go to the park now or ever for that matter.
  6. They will probably just politely remind guests who are not wearing masks to put them on. If guests refuse to listen to employees’ orders and turn violent, then they are asking to be escorted out of the park. Also, masks will likely not be required in the Festhaus for guests because you cannot eat with a mask on. Most likely, only employees serving food will be required to wear masks and some of the big tables will be closed off.
  7. I think having no restrictions whatsoever is more likely to scare off guests than having at least some restrictions. I have faith that Kings Island will be able to please those worried about their health while not completing ruining the experience for others. I am sure even if you have to wear a mask, you will have plenty of opportunities to take it off like when you are in certain areas, when you are eating, or when you are riding rides.
  8. Here is my proposal: The park should require guests to wear masks at all times, but they should have areas like Tower Gardens and other seating areas designated as “break areas” where guests can sit down, take off their masks, and take a breather. As soon as guests leave these “mask-free” areas, they should then be required to put their masks back on.
  9. They do require that though, and people do get escorted out of the park for that.
  10. But businesses CAN still require customers and guests to wear masks.
  11. I think we will be the first Cedar Fair park to reopen!
  12. I am so glad he included this in the article. It is so strange how trampoline parks can reopen when amusement parks can’t. It makes no sense at all.
  13. What is this? Is Kings Island actually filing a lawsuit against Amy Acton and the Health District? In my opinion, this is getting out of hand. https://www.fox19.com/2020/06/04/kings-island-sues-dr-amy-acton-warren-county-health-district-reopen/
  14. I was thinking about this, and this seems to be the case. Cedar Fair has probably told the reopening committee that they will need 4-6 weeks to prepare (which they currently are doing), so the committee probably told them a target date for reopening in order for Kings Island to be prepared on that date. Mike DeWine will likely announce it in the coming weeks probably only a week in advance, but because Kings Island was told in advance, they will be prepared to open. It is also a possibility that it was in Mike Dewine’s agenda to announce amusement and water parks reopening today on June 10, but because the bill is currently under review that would allow them to open up even sooner, he held off on announcing amusement and water parks due to a potential last-minute change.
  15. I don’t get why trampoline parks where kids are literally bouncing off the walls and jumping in foam pits can reopen while amusement parks can’t. From my view, it would be much easier to keep an amusement park sanitary than a trampoline park.
  16. This is correct. I jumped to conclusions in my original post and did not read the article closely enough. It still needs to pass by the Senate and be signed by the governor I believe.
  17. https://www.visitkingsisland.com/park-update Here is the update!
  18. Unfortunately not... I just saw it climbing the hill both times while driving in the car. I did not stop to take a closer look.
  19. I drove past the park today around 2:00 and 4:00, and Orion was testing both times.
  20. They NEED to repave it!
  21. Make this their 50th anniversary investment!
  22. It looks like this is the case. I think it is a good call to let parties to remain together as long as they separate people from different parties. I also think the temperature scan technology will accept hats.
  23. “Decades ago astronomers predicted it would happen...” “In 2020 it begins...” - Orion Trailer
  24. I know requiring all guests to wear face masks is controversial, but for the most part, Six Flags’ new practices they are putting in place to limit the spread of COVID-19 look REALLY nice. Things like virtual queuing, high tech metal detectors that can scan bags, and increased mobile ordering will be very helpful to guests now and after the pandemic. While we don’t know when the pandemic will be over, one thing is for sure... theme parks will be better equipped for the future with better technologies that better satisfy their guests. Here is Six Flags’ official video on their new policies!
  25. Orion has COVID-19?
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.