Everything posted by cstrwomann
-
what is the new ride for next season?
I hope it's a new tower of inner tube slides for the water park they need more of these IMO or a new swing like they put in at Valley Fair and Cedar Point this year.
-
Son of Beast To Be Partly Rebuilt
How could you say that? They haven't announced that they are closing the Son of Beast. They have announced that it will be partly rebuilt. Have they started on it yet?
-
Son of Beast To Be Partly Rebuilt
I was planning to visit Labor Day weekend and once in October before the park closes for the year so I can buy my season pass if they don't raise them too much. I love PKI and my favorite wooden coasters are here. Beast and SOB are my top 2 wooden coasters at this park. It won't be the same without SOB being open. I hope it opens in the Spring of 2007 or I will have to find a new #2 wooden coaster. I will miss SOB this season and cry if they decide to close it for good.
-
Son of Beast To Be Partly Rebuilt
Has Cedar Fair determined if they will rebuild the SOB? What section is being rebuilt? Will they open it before the end of the season? Will it reopen in the Spring of 2007? Will they change the lap bar restraints/cars? I hope they rebuild it and I hope it reopens soon. PKI will not be the same without SOB.
-
strangest ride idea
Son of Beast doesn't torture people. Where do ride on the coaster? Do you sit all the way back in the seat? You need to sit near the front of the coaster in the front or second seat and don't sit all the way back in the seat for a smoother ride. I have rode it alot of times and it doesn't torture me.
-
Son of Beast Article in Cincinnati Enquirer
The website schedule shows October 29th as the last day open. Safety is a priority with Cedar Fair at all their parks. Another forum showed an article that SOB will run again by the end of the season. Beast is my favorite woodie out of all coasters I have rode. SOB is #2 wooden coaster. The other coasters are good but they aren't major attractions that draw people from out of state to the park. If they close a major ride down for along period of time people from out of state will not visit the park they will go elsewhere. People don't like when rides are closed at parks because the other lines get longer and they don't have as many thrill rides to ride.
-
Calling Kings Island Speculators
I hope Cedar Fair puts in more water tube slides,or a swing, or mouse coaster.
-
Six Flags
Check out Six Flags.com they are selling six more parks. It's under the investors section. I hope someone can convince them to keep SFMM and SFDL and sell the international parks in Canada and Mexico. We will not have any parks to go to for variety anymore if this doesn't turn around. I went to SFKK and SFDL this year and both were very well maintained and clean. The shows need to be increased but I feel these are nice parks to visit.
-
'Fans say parks should keep unique ways'
I agree that the PP should keep their unique ways but they also need to add adult coasters also. I feel they should add something unique to each park every once in awhile to attract people/thrill seekers to the parks. Don't start repeating coasters at the parks like Six Flags did or people will not visit. People want to see new/different things at parks when they go on a vacation.
-
Son of Beast Could Be Closed A Month
Son of Beast needs to reopen the article the other day said it would reopen this season. This is a signature ride at the park and it's awesome! It's the only wooden coaster in the USA with a loop. We have enough hyper coasters in the USA keep the woodies that we have there aren't too many left. If they do decide to take it down I hope they rebild another one just like it.
-
Why Do You Like Kings Island
I like PKI because of the scenery, theming, season pass perks, and good roller coasters.
-
Closest campground
Does the campground at Para Carowinds allow tents? When is PKI going to open another campground like they had before?
-
Anyone ever rode Top Thrill Dragster?
Top Thrill Dragster is a awesome strata coaster! The theming is like a drag strip. The cars are like dragsters. The launch is fantastic at 120 mph and the hill is 410 feet tall. It's fabulous being up so high and going at such a fast speed but the ride is short in duration. I haven't been able to have a roll back yet but it looks like fun. Sit in the front seat the first time you ride it. You will love this coaster I guarantee it.
-
New rides at pki
I live in Ohio and I have purchased season passes for the last 10 years to Cedar Point/GL and they are very expensive. They make you pay for Joe Cool Club which doesn't give you anything except early entrance to the park. You have no reserved parking spaces for season pass holders, no discounts on food, they don't offer bring a friend free days, double ride days, but they are my home parks so I visit them. I have bought season passes for the last few years to PKI because I visit a few times per year because I like Paramount parks better then Cedar Fair parks in regards to theming, scenery, and perks. The season pass last year for both parks with water parks included and parking cost $200 and all other Cedar Fair parks were included. When Cedar Fair takes over next season how much are season passes going to cost? Will they have perks that Paramount had or will they get rid of them? Will you still be able to visit all parks? When will season passes be sold for PKI this year? You usually can't buy season passes until October for CP or GL. You also have to keep in mind that our parks are only open April-October and southern parks (Disney World) that are open all year are charging around the same price as CF so we are getting ripped off. If they add new coasters each year is this going to increase the cost of season passes? Are season passes going to be a thing of the past some day? These are questions and concerns that I have for the take over of Paramount parks. I hope that Cedar Fair doesn't make too many changes to the Paramount parks. I hope they can also add more entertainment to the Paramount parks because I feel they don't have enough for the older adults. I hope they also include a senior discount at the Paramount parks.
-
Nights of Fire
Nights of Fire Weekend was great way to spend the holiday weekend. They have alot of entertainment/shows that they normally don't have. The fire works are very pretty and they last along time. The picnic dinner was also very good. I hope they continue this in the future years and have it more often (daily) for the public in the restraunt overlooking the fountains.
-
Nights of Fire
Nights of Fire Weekend was great way to spend the holiday weekend. They have alot of entertainment/shows that they normally don't have. The fire works are very pretty and they last along time. The picnic dinner was also very good. I hope they continue this in the future years and have it more often (daily) for the public in the restraunt overlooking the fountains.
-
rollercoaster you would like to see gone
If I could pick an attraction to be taken out I would pick Days Of Thunder Go Karts.
-
rollercoaster you would like to see gone
MF is my favorite steel coaster in the USA out of all the coasters I have rode. It's awesome! I could ride it all day. Laser is also a good ride.
-
Son of Beast Article in Cincinnati Enquirer
Son of Beast is one of their major coasters in the park that people come from out of state to ride. Attendance is probably down because the coaster is down. This is why they want to reopen it ASAP. The season closes October 29th, 2006 if they don't have Winterfest. They won't rush to fix it they'll fix it correctly so they don't have anymore problems. If they were planning on closing the coaster I think they would announce it.
-
Son of Beast Article in Cincinnati Enquirer
If Cedar Fair doesn't put in new coasters at the parks every few years people will not go to the parks. The reason in my opinion people aren't going to the parks out of state is because Cedar Point has the most variety of coasters and usually people visit Cedar Point because it's one of the largest amusement park in the USA. People want to see new and different attractions not repeats among competitors. (CF/SF) I haven't rode Kingda Ka yet but I have rode TTD and it's awesome! I hope they reopen SOB before the end of the season. I would like to see a hypercoaster added to PKI sometime in the future years. I feel this would boost attendance alot because PKI has mostly wooden coasters which are all great. They have added 3 family attractions recently.
-
Son of Beast
So does this mean SOB is closing or being shut down?
-
fearfest
How many haunted houses did Fear Fest have last year? I went to it 2 years ago and it was great. It's not cancelled for this year and I hope they don't cancel it next year either because it's a huge success.
-
CF policies implemented at KI?
What do you mean about fix the damage that Paramount has done? They were one of the highest visited park chains around. They must have done something to attract people to their parks. People go to their parks to see a variety, theming, scenery, and they buy season passes because they offer perks and they treat their customers good. Six Flags is a good chain also it's just they are in alot of debt right now because htey expanded to quickly. I like SFKK alot I just wish they would add a hyper coaster in the future.
-
CF policies implemented at KI?
Cedar Fair owns enough parks now. Let's keep Kentucky Kingdom and the other Six Flags parks that we have now so ther isn't a monopoly in the USA. Support your park chains or Cedar Fair will be the only chain in the USA before long and everything will become stagnant and parks will close if new attractions aren't added and people don't visit the parks we have now.
-
Winterfest tickets no longer available
I feel that Winterfest could be a huge success if it was included in the season pass price. People would rather travel to Southern Ohio then Sandusky in November/Dec/Jan because there's less snow. Also people would spend more money in the park at this event and spread the news faster. I feel that CF should give it another try this year and if it flops cancel it.