Everything posted by tigellinus
-
Cedar Fair Reports Q1 Results
And Castaway Bay!!
-
Best Coasters to Marathon
Ahhh...but maybe not so much with CP's shortened May calendar and Memorial Day weekend's early date!!
-
Cedar Fair Reports Q1 Results
The games has definitely seemed soft to me, but that's just anecdotal. Food has seemed similar to past seasons, however. I'm a little surprised to hear about season pass sales (not so much about group), but I'm guessing while passes at KI are up, everywhere else is really down!
-
Ride Warriors Photo Contest
^^Hey, I'm actually thinking about trying to hire Jackson to document an upcoming KI trip of mine. I'm planning a trip with a friend from out of town, and I somewhat hate photography and the kid does good work!! For me, I think he really "captures" KI in a really great "theme park way" that I dig! He has an eye for it!! Plus, in addition to paying him, I also might have to give him a VIP pass since our time at KI will be short and I won't want to wait in any lines. Hopefully I can make this trip happen! But yeah, jackson should kick butt with this contest!
-
Cedar Fair Reports Q1 Results
Alright, Terpy...crack your knuckles, sit back, and read between the lines for us!!
-
Best Coasters to Marathon
I'm sure Giga will say Magnum! Edit: Oh, she beat me to it!!
-
Finding KIC members?
^^Ask yourself this important first question...do you know the secret handshake?? If you don't...good luck meeting any of us!!
-
How busy will this weekend be
This...I'm confused on?? But for me, the D-back option would be just because sleep was better than RWW ERT, and the D-back ERT is better than nothing, you know??
-
How busy will this weekend be
I'm sure it's just easier for KI that way, so I don't fault them (despite what I may want). If anything, the ERT on Sunday morning (and even Saturday for that matter) could be really sweet with the restrictions. But as of now, I have no idea which one I'll be picking.
-
Article on Diamondback from Canada
^^I'd still rather wait 45 mins in the main queue for a ride in either car 1 or 8 then 10 mins in the SRL for a ride in car 4...but that's just me. I think the way they have the SRL now is about as good as it could be. Yeah, having the line separate from the main queue would be good to avoid people in the main queue jealously looking at someone flying past them (not that their wait will be long anyway!), but IMO, if the SRL reaches past the corner then it's too long anyway I think. The only issue I see is expediency in returning SRL cards to the entrance greeter, but my last day at KI (4/25) I thought they were doing an excellent job of that!! (or else maybe let you wait for a card) While I still detest the seat assigning, despite seat requesting seeming to be easier now provided the seat you're requesting doesn't have a long line already, if and when they ever get rid of the seating assigning (I dunno about 09, but Behemoth stopped at the end of May last year), then the SRL almost becomes obsolete.
-
How busy will this weekend be
^^Maybe...but having to be at KI at 7:50 am for the RWW ERT on Sunday, following D-back ERT from the "night" before extending past 1:00 am will be no easy pill to swallow...as tempting as the Firehawk ERT is (and it looks VERY tempting), there's still a really good chance that I'll be at D-back ERT Sunday morning anyway.
-
How busy will this weekend be
I would just play it safe and stay home!
-
Article on Diamondback from Canada
Saturday, April 25th I got 19...and that was with only 4 SRL rides and riding 4 other things too. I could see near 40 D-back rides in one day being possible even if KI wasn't dead if you power rode by SRL and the SRL wasn't too long each time.
-
Six Flags Announces Financing Arrangements For 2009 Partnership Parks 'Put' Amount
^^Ok, so explain butterfly puts now!
-
Pilgrims Plunge
^^I think he means the latter...when Maverick was announced and being built it admittedly didn't look very intimating or thrilling to many, including me. I mean, a first drop <100'?!? However, it surprised me and others as well and is actually a ferocious monster that packs a mean punch! It's my 3rd favorite steel coaster, and I've been on many!! Plus, unlike for others...I ride Maverick in a unique way, which frees me from any arm/shoulder bruising.
-
Ride count on Diamondback?
Due to being idle from KI this whole weekend my ride count remains at 32. However, obviously next weekend should get that total above 50!
-
Cedar Point weekly poll on website
^^How MF is 2nd I have no idea!?!?
-
KICentral on Facebook Moving
^^Ohhhhh....I think I know who you are now, Indyguy, do you ever wear eyeglasses??
-
Guests Say The Darnest Things
Heck, everyone at Kings Island has a Master's, right Terpy!?
-
Unofficial KIC Road Trip
Ok, Corey, so you see that 265? Take that west/south and you'll avoid all of the Louisville traffic!
-
Anyone see today's Webcam?!
Mid Course Brake Run...j/k!!
-
Unofficial KIC Road Trip
^^Hey Corey, if you're coming from Columbus, there's the whole new bypass from 65 South to 64 West that you'll be taking that'll skip most of the L'ville traffic anyway, so you should be fine! The people already on 64 West (coming from Cincy) is another thing.
-
Anyone see today's Webcam?!
^^If it's any consolation, after two weekends of riding Diamondback dozens of times, I already feel kind of burned out myself! I guess the old adage of even guys with hot girlfriends can get bored is true!! So does this mean the trim was either off or barely grabbing? Also, I wonder if they're still assigning seats with this amount of dead-ness?
-
The New KICentral.com T-Shirt Now Available!
^^So goofy, would you be permitted, if I asked, to tell me about your D-back rides pre-KI's open? I mean, there's nothing special about riding Diamondback anymore, ya know?!
-
Anyone see today's Webcam?!
Diamondback is a near walk-on!! Definitely pretty jealous, but I also think if I was there, the ride op's would be thinking, "Seriously, dude, are there not other rides here?! Is there not another world out there besides the Diamondback queue and station!?" So it's probably for the better I'm not there, attempting like 40 D-back rides today!