Everything posted by docdude316
-
PKIC Version 2 is here!
I like it for the most part, but I think that there should still be a navigation bar down the side, or that you should figure out some way to have the menus on the top navigation bar drop down like the ones at http://www.pki.com do.
-
Baby Chef is here!
Congratulations Chef.
-
New Article In CIN
Chef, this was a great article. I really enjoyed reading it. The only thing is in the fun facts section it says that Drop Zone is the tallest Gyro Drop in the world. Isn't the Drop Zone at King's Dominion taller?
-
Which is your favorite Paramount Picture at PKI?
I may be an idiot but what attraction was inspired by Crocodile Dundee?
-
PKI Survey
Did anyone else notice that half of the rides in the commercial aren't from PKI?
-
Should Carl Have Kept The Park?
Carl Linder is not a great businessman in general. It seems like he's of the opinion that people will flock to his businesses just because of what they are. he doesn't seem to understand that in order to make money you have to spend it. He was constantly doing things to keep from spending money while he owned KI, and now he is doing the same thing with the Reds. He's just bad for Cincinnati in general.
-
A new section for PKIC
I've already said that I think it's a good idea, but I think I should probably tell reasons why. I think there's only so many times that people can speculate about what BB will be like or what's coming in '05. During the off season, there needs to be someone where people can get a little off topic (but not much) and still converse with those on these boards. This seems like the perfect opportunity to let people do just that. There can be talk about movies, and television series that are PKI related and it'll still stay close to on topic. I think that I'd be willing to set up a board for members of PKIc to come a discuss whatever is on their minds if people would be receptive to that idea; that way this site could stay totally PKI related but people would still have a board to hang out at. Now I understand that this might get moderated, but I was just putting out the suggestion for all those interested. I mean no disrespect to any of the Pkic staff.
-
PKI offers a mid-winter Construction Tour
di anyone go to this tour? I haven't heard anything about how it was. Some info about it would be nice.
-
A new section for PKIC
I think that's a really cool idea. I'd be willing to write some reviews and contribute in any way. On another note, I just got finished reading the PKIC on mars story and I thought it was very well written. Nice job Chef.
-
What will the march annoucement be?
Ok my computer's been down for awhile, so I'm a little out of the loop. Is there some information saying something is going to be announced in March? Please help me get up to date.
-
The end of Snapping?
I know I'm probably one of the only people here that doesn't know this, but could someone please explain how you snap on the flyers. I've never been able to figure it out.
-
Jeffrey Siebert: RELOADED
I think that technically it will be illegal for you to put this game in a password section that you have to pay to get into. I believe that that would probably border on copyright infringment since you are using PKI's name in the game (without permission from viacom) and making people pay to get it.
-
Coaster in 05
I think it would be entirely possible to build a traditional non-launched coaster that went over 120mph. It would cost a lot, take up a lot of space, and take a long time to get up the first lift hill, but an elevator lift would reduce the time it takes to get up the hill and the space required to build it. PKI is owned by Viacom which means all of their profits and the profits of every other Paramount Park goes directly to Viacom. At the beginning of each year Viacom gives a certain amount of money out of their budget to the Paramount Parks division of the company. Paramount Parks then divides the money between each of their parks. PKI does not pay to use the Viacom name they have it because of the fact that they are owned by Viacom. I believe Viacom would pay a lot of money to keep any of their parks afloat. As for IoA being sold because of money problems that is partly true and partly not. Vivendi Universal Entertainment the company that owns all of the Universal Parks was recently bought out by NBC (who in turn is owned by GE) because of money problems. NBC has stated that they do not want to be involved in the Theme Park industry, in part because of the fact that the ownership structure of the parks is very convoluted. Vivendi doesn't own all of the theme parks they are involved in a 50/50 partnership with Blackstone Group for the two Orlando parks and they license their name for the two overseas parks (meaning they don't own any of those parks at all).The only park that they own all of is Universal Hollywood. GE emphasizes clean ownership and power structure and they do not want to get involved with the universal parks as they are now. However, the parks are not being sold because of money loss. In fact they are second only to the Disney theme parks in terms of attendance and the attendance of IoA went up 10% from last year. If you want to check my facts go ahead. Here's the link http://www.usatoday.com/money/media/2003-0...09-21-nbc_x.htm
-
KING COBRA
You know it is interesting that you say that there was a rumor that KC was sinking. I've been hearing that rumor about The Vortex for years. I've never believed it but none the less I've still heard it.
-
Stand up and be counted.
I guess I'm still the only 21 year old. Oh well, at least I'm unique.
-
The PKIC Trip
Yeah she's fine now. In fact she was fine later that day we just weren't able to fidn you guys again. Oh well, sometimes things like this happen. I'm sure that I'll see you all again at the next one. Oh and it was great to meet you all. Now I can finally put a face to people's names. I'll want to be at the next one.
-
The PKIC Trip
Hey guys, I had a lot of fun when I was able to be with you guys. I'm sorry that i had to leave right after lunch. My fiance had some asthma problems and we went out to the car to relax and so she could take her medicine. By the time we were ready to come back in to the park my phone battery had died. We looked but couldn't find you guys. Hopefully we can do it again sometime, and I'll be able to stay the whole time. It was really cool to meet everyone and I'm glad I can put names with faces now. Sorry again about not staying the whole time, but sometimes these things happen you know.
-
Stand up and be counted.
I'm 21, so I guess I'm kind of in the middle of the young people and the wise people.
-
Unofficial PKIC Day Roster
I'll probably be wearing my Weird Al Yankovic shirt I got when he was at PKI earlier in the season and a pair of cargo shorts most likely khaki.
-
Unofficial PKIC Day Roster
dropzone are you planning on being there right at 10?
-
Unofficial PKIC Day Roster
I think it would be really nice if we could get sombody's cell phone nuumber in case we don't make the 10 o' clock meeting, or if that isn't feasible if we could decide on an area to meet at later in the day so that stragglers could join the group. i'm going to do my best to make the 10 o'clock meeting but I'm not sure if it'll happen. I'd really like to meet you guys so I'd just like to know where I can meet you later on in the day.
-
Unofficial PKIC Day Roster
I was thinking that there might be a better place to meet than the Eiffel Tower. What I mean is the Eiffel Tower is always very crowded. why not meet someplace more secluded. Since most of us don't know what the others look like it'll be easier for us o meet if it's someplace where there aren't a lot of other people. My suggestion is to meet in Paramount Story wither near the Indiana Jones display or near the water fall. What do people think?
-
An unofficial PKI fan day out of PKI off season?
That'd probably be pretty cool. I wonder what other's think.
-
Unofficial PKIC Trip
I think that there might be a better place to meet than the Eiffel Tower. What I mean is the Eiffel Tower is always very crowded. why not meet someplace more secluded. Since most of us don't know what the others look like it'll be easier for us o meet if it's someplace where there aren't a lot of other people. My suggestion is to meet in Paramount Story wither near the Indiana Jones display or near the water fall. What do people think?
-
Unofficial PKIC Day Roster
Italian Chef, I know that this is a little off topic, but I was wondering if you would sign my copy of your book if I brought it on saturday.