Everything posted by RyanA
-
WaterWorks and BB...
I would say they will have a well rounded assortment of music for BB. Top Gun does get annoying, but I have no problem with waiting 3 hours(I've done it several times)for TRTR in the que line outside, I even bought the soundtrack because I liked it so much. Very relaxing. However, I pity the ride-op who gets stuck at TRTR's preshow. As a rider I can't stand that thing anymore, It's etched into my mind...
-
TOP GUN
Yeah, Paramount's not too keen on keeping up their theming. I pray for Tomb Raider, may Lara Croft always have styrofoam walls and bubbling lava.
-
This is sort of funny
From what I understand, Flashback is closed due to the noise it makes, which disrupts the neigboring waterpark. Also, Flashback is considered a piece of crap, perhaps aiding their choice to close it during summer. Six Flags World of Adventure I do respect because they have what PKI once was, animal thingy, water thingy, coaster thingy. Now PKI does 2 of those incredibly well, and one they dumped for liability reasons I believe. SFWoA is a well rounded park, but on a slightly crappy level. Needless to say, I wish PKI still had their Safari, but hey, they're doing fine without it. Also, if anyone wants to ride what originally was going to sit in Delirium's place(I'm pretty sure)you can go to SFWoA and ride X-Flight, which Six Flags conveniently placed near PKI to attempt to smack them in the face. Clearly it didn't work.
-
The SpongeSquarepants Movie Invades PKI
Oh, and also, for all you Spongebob fans out there, I hope you know that the movie is probably the kiss of death to the show. Think Hey Arnold! The Movie. Nick likes to kill series off with a bang, though in Hey Arnold's case it was more of a whimper, or a choking sound. Then again, Rugrats is still going, as sad as that is.
-
The SpongeSquarepants Movie Invades PKI
Wow, how flamerific. September, though?
-
Tomb Raider: The Ride
You bring up a good point, but still, it's a Volare. VOLARE. lol.
-
Where in the park do you want to have sex?
Wow, just when I think the off season posting has really hit rock bottom, somebody gets a drill and takes posting even further down. With that said, I pick TRTR. How about in the ride room, up on those stone platforms where the bamboo ladders lead up to.
-
Tomb Raider: The Ride
I got confirmation from the park's PR representative. I'm still mad at this, but alteast it's a crappy Zolare, not a costly one of a kind dark ride.
-
TOP GUN
What exactly is down there? Moving gates? Missiles? They need to open that thing back up!
-
Tomb Raider: The Ride
Yeah, it's official. Paramount's Canada's Wonderland will open Canada's only flying coaster, Tomb Raider: The Ride, in May 2004. I for one am very dissapointed in this. They could atleast have called it something different, "The Ride" usually refers to dark ride(Universal uses it quite alot). I suppose pretty soon all of PKI's marketing pamphlets and pictures will go there, much like Scooby's pics went to PKD. Atleast we're the only ones with the TR dark ride, the type of ride TR should be.
-
Tomb Raider: The Ride
Whoops, my bad, it is Vekoma.
-
Tomb Raider: The Ride
I just heard a rumor they could be naming it BORG Assimilator, like the new Carowinds Arrow flyer. Wait, this is Canada's Wonderland, and a Zamporla Flyer, why do I care!?
-
Tomb Raider: The Ride
Even if it that is infact the name, we've still got the original and better TRTR. Perhaps TRTR is the "hollywood" theme they meant.
-
Kings Island Music
I heard Hymn to the Fallen, that Saving Private Ryan song on International Street, I think. It was funny, because I had to play that song in band(got conned into another year of it)the next day, and I was alone on my part. Made me feel really comfortable, let me tell ya.
-
J2: RELOADED coming along...
Thanks, I'll do that. Now I once again feel very stupid. Nice logo Aaron!
-
J2: RELOADED coming along...
For those interested, the sequel to Jeffrey Siebert's Big Adventure, Jeffrey Siebert: RELOADED is moving along in production and is already more than twice the size of the original, and that's only one character's game! Charles Infosino and Jeffrey Siebert are both playable, and, in addition to each one's story game, they will each have an extra mini-game from the start. If I can get my digital camera working, I'll post some screenshots. And remember, J2: RELOADED is only available at PKIUnlimited.Com in the upcoming Special Access area of the site, which can be accessed after purchasing a PKIU t-shirt. In this area, there will be loads of extra content, including the game, and you even get a nice t-shirt.
-
Season Pass Preview Days
All things considered, I see no need for a radio station ticket giveaway, since there's nothing new in the actual park(aside from some changes). I don't think it's even been anounced that they will be giving away tickets, and they don't need to promote any new rides until May when Boomerang Bay opens up. Then again, I could be wrong.
-
The Rides at PKI
Rides: 1. TOMB RAIDER: The Ride 2. Son of Beast 3. Flight of Fear 4. The Beast 5. Delirium 6. The recaR 7. Top Gun 8. The Racer 9. Wild Thornberry's River Adventure 10. Scooby-Doo! and the Haunted Castle Areas: 1. Rivertown 2. International Street 3. Action Zone 4. Coney Mall Both of my lists are based on personal preference, not what I feel is the best in the park. (Which would definetly put The Beast at #1)
-
Best ride in Rivertown
Ah, Chef, you just had to make me think of a day at PKI without TR:TR. Despite all the hatred towards that ride(no idea why)I see it as a benchmark for the park, or the Paramount parks chain altogether, as they are now moving into heavily themed rides like Disney and Universal. I just hope PKI's next stab at dark rides turns out a little better than the last, which should be the dark ride in the park that people say dissapointed them. Just my 10 cents though. For the sake of the topic, I'll reiterate what I've already said that The Beast is the best ride in Rivertown.
-
Beast Love
The design. In my personal opinion, it's the best of any coaster to date. After an amazing first half, you get to ride up a second lift hill, in the middle of the woods, just to go into the craziest coaster element ever, a straight run into a double helix. First time I rode it, I couldn't believe how insane that was, and than the track banking and giving you the feeling your gonna hit the wooden post at the tunnel entrance. It's just perfect, no two ways about it. The whole ride's just perfect.
-
Best ride in Rivertown
Wow, this isn't even a question. Beast is definetly the best ride in Rivertown(or the whole park, for that matter), but I'm restraining my vote because my favorite ride is TRTR. Man, I love Rivertown...
-
New Ride Concepts
I believe the survey was based around another park, as PKI's 2005 addition is probably already decided upon. I really, really, really hope none of the TR ideas come to life, I personally like the fact that we have the only TR ride(even though the concepts are for different rides than our "official" ride). The Addams Family is definetly an unused resource though. The Italian Job, I don't know, seems a little strange.
-
Merry Christmas
Merry Christmas, and happy new year!
-
Jeffrey Siebert: RELOADED Artwork...
The game is once again being used through a game maker, though basically everything within the game is completely original and the amount of cutscenes and player interactivity should really make it stand out more than the original. Also, the original was made in 2 weeks, this new game, from start of conceptual writing, to completion, will be around 6 months. The new game engine sports the same basic graphics, but the battle system for any time based battles used in the game is completely different, and now in game effects such as explosions and punches can be executed, so the game will be much more cinematic. And some bullet time for good measure. On a side note, due to the in game violence and more mature story, I don't think J2: RELOADED will earn itself an E rating. I think Teen. Screenshots may be available by christmas, as well as some actual game information.
-
Jeffrey Siebert: RELOADED Artwork...
Sporting a new game engine, new character, new battle system, story revised by Charles Infosino, and fully animated in-game cutscenes, you can rest assured this new game is not only much bigger than the original, but much better as well. Expect some screen shots sometime around christmas, and a tentative release for the game sometime around the park's opening for the 2004 season in spring. Ryan Adams RE Studios