Everything posted by trevor75
-
Old Kings Island Footage
Here is an old home movie i found on youtube it has some great footage of some rides no longer around. It even shows some great theming from the KIMVRR! Enjoy. Edit: It is amazing how many people think it is King's Island. A very common mistake I see.
-
Don Helbig's 10,000th Racer Ride
Gotta love the air brushed 10,000 ride T-shirt with Jabber Jaws and the other HB characters! That is too sweet!
-
Best Roller Coaster to ever grace KI
Gotta stand up and take credit when I can!
-
What's the Majority age group here in the Ki Forum
34 as of yesterday! the 20th better put this in there so it is not confusing in a few days!
-
Best Roller Coaster to ever grace KI
Well I am one of the 4 people to vote for The Bat, this is just based on the innovation of the ride at the time. Even though it didn't work out I believe what they found with that ride allowed the research to advance on suspended coasters and give us some of the great rides we have today. It was way ahead of it's time IMO. Edit: spell check only works when you use it!
-
Kings Dominion 5/16 PTR/VTR
Terpy, it seems like that last comment was dripping with something, but i just can't tell what it was! ha
-
Kings Island music
Olidesmann, that was sweet! That reminds me of my surfer music obsession when i was in high school. Granted that was in the early 90's when everyone around me was into the "grunge" phase of music. Thank goodness i stayed away from that stuff!
-
Nickelodeon Universe
Zoinks! Betting Scooby Snacks! I can't imagine doing that!
-
Why not?
I think besides some of the rides in Nick, since I am a little tall for some of them, the only ride i have missed out on so far is Spongbob. The only thing about that is I rode it back when it was Days of Thunder and James Bond. So I don't know if I can count it. Oh I almost forgot I haven't ridden Big Metal Box The Ride. It is always broken down when i try! I don't think it likes me!
-
Kings Island Will Be The Place To Be This Memorial Day Weekend!
What? I live about 10 minutes from the track and can hear them practice if I am outside in the yard. I have only been to 1 race in my life and have no desire to do that again. I can count on my hands the number of times I have actually been on track property. I am more into The Racer, than car racing at the Indy 500. This is opening weekend for the Water Park and daily operations, it will be very busy. Hence, why I am excited about it being open during the week now so I can use some of my vacation days for a day trip to KI! Welcome to KIC by the way! I totally agree, I have lived in or just outside of Indy my whole life and as much as I love the race and the drivers, i have never been to one of the Indy 500's (my dad would kill me for not saying Indianapolis as he is a racer through and through and says only people from outside of Indiana say INDY 500) I have been to other events at the Track but never the race itself, it is just better to stay away and let the out of towner's mess with the crowds. We always find it better to stay home cookout and listen to the race on the radio. So i will also by pass KI for the same reason this weekend but I am planning on June 2nd for a nice trip! Tuesdays at the park rule!
-
old top gun photos?
ha yeah that would be nice... it just makes me so curious to wonder what they actually had for the theming when top gun first opened. i heard rumors of fog and special lighting under the station where the line went back into. idk it seems like the ride would be alot better if they kept all of their theming to the ride or at least tried to keep as much as they can without the top gun name. Yep they are all true, it was kind of made to look as if you were walking through the decks of an aircraft carrier. I believe they even had a small R.A.D.A.R. screen and some missiles in the underside of the queue area. That is if my memory serves me correctly.
-
Why not?
Wow I don't know how you can miss out on the joy that is WWC. I might be bias since when it first opened our whole family went to KI that year and it was one of the few rides all 6 of us could ride together. Whatever the case is I love that ride and try to never miss out on it!
-
2009 Cedar Point Opening Day PTR & VTR
Dave, that is freaking sweet! Too funny!
-
Nickelodeon Universe
that is true Gator, unles they are "Blue's Clues"
-
Can you take strollers on the train?
Heavens to Murgatroyd! I did not expect to see a Rush Limbaugh reverence in here!
-
Nickelodeon Universe
^HAHA Very nyce!
-
First looping coaster?
Maybe Terpy is older than we all realize!
-
Family Trip Report.
Great pictures and report I can't wait to take my oldest daughter but she won't be big enough until next year to really ride anything but hey next year should be a hoot then!
-
Son of Beast
Wow I was going to post on this topic but you know I think Ashers just read my mind almost word for word. Um Ashers the next time you want in my head please ask first, more than likely i will say yes!
-
Cedar Point reveals new signs
I didn't see him quote you when he was replying. It is hard to tell when people just make a general post without directly quoting the particular person they were replying to. Learning to properly use quote tags is not rocket science. Umm I think this is like number 3 on Giga's pet peeve list!
-
Ashley's (Ashers) RWW PTR
well from a non-bias third party who also loves SOB I would choose this one: The angle you got on this is just plain awesome!
-
SRL policy on DP is ridiculous IMO
Well since this is the biggest complaint I have heard about Diamondback I think I can live with it!
-
Cedar Point reveals new signs
Well from what i can tell the new Beast sign looks GREAT
-
My trip to KI on May 2nd
Not much to add to that but MEOW!
-
Kings Island Panoramic Photos
That is a very nice one of IS with all the lights and the tower lit up! Edit: Woohoo 100th post!