Everything posted by BB1
-
Train feed back
I think a train is a great addition to any park (like Disney World's), but it does not make or break an amusement park. Now BB1 used to ride the train from and to the waterpark, but nastalgia has taken its course, making only one ride on the train often. Also its great to know that there is another train enthusiast on Kings Island Central, welcome!
-
Announcement date?!
Again, late August, early September are the usual dates of an "big announcement". Rumors about the mysterious announcement of a ride/area (Like Son of Beast decisions and etc [0-SOB in 15 posts or less]) flourish when the announce date is announced. Also dont be shy to post about this topic, its a legitimate question that I know many speculate on, like myself.
-
New Chick-Fila restaurant in Soak City
Next to the Marketplace location, there is a new Chick-Fila at Soak City, serving chicken sandwhiches and soft drinks.
-
How many of the rides at Kings Island have you ridden?
FAMILY RIDES (15 rides & attractions) Backlot Stunt Coaster Zephyr Monster Adventure Express Scrambler Shake, Rattle, & Roll Congo Falls Viking Fury Eiffel Tower Dodgem Boo Blasters on Boo Hill White Water Canyon K.I. & MV Railroad Grand Carousel Thunder Alley ($) My Score: 14/15 THRILL RIDES (15 rides & attractions) Diamondback The Beast Delirium Drop Tower Firehawk Flight of Fear Invertigo The Racer: Red The Racer: Blue Vortex WindSeeker Flight Deck Sling Shot ($) Xtreme Skyflyer ($) Son of Beast (SBNO) My Score: 13/15 Planet Snoopy (18 rides & attractions) Surf Dog Race for Your Life, Charlie Brown Flying Ace Aerial Chase Peanuts 500 Kite Eating Tree Joe Cool's Dodgem School The Great Pumpkin Coaster Peanuts Off-Road Rally Snoopy's Splash Dance Charlie Brown's Wind Up Woodstock Express Woodstock Whirlybirds Sally's Sea Plane Linus' Beetle Bugs Snoopy's Junction Linus' Launcher Snoopy vs. Red Baron Character Carousel My Score: 18/18 Soak City WATERPARK (16 slides & attractions) Note: Link to KI Soak City page for pictures to help determine what is what as this may confuse some- I am aware most people don't remember waterslide names: http://www.visitking...-city-waterpark Aruba Tuba Breakers Bay Tidal Wave Bay Castaway Cove Splash Landing Coconut Cove Lookout Lagoon Pipeline Paradise Mondo Monsoon Zoom Flume Paradise Plunge Thunder Falls Rendezvous Run Tropical Twister Pineapple Pipeline Splash River My Score: 16/16 Dinosaurs Alive! (2 attractions) Dinosaurs Alive! ($) Dinosaurs Alive! 3D My Score: 2/2 Total Score: 0/66 rides, slides, & attractions BONUS!!!: DEFUNCT RIDES Flying Eagles Crocodile Run Backwards Racer Crypt Action FX Theater Phantom Theater Antique Cars My Score: 63 Total Score with Bonus: 70
-
Hope for Crypt
The only "hope" I could see is another Crypt attraction outside (which is highly unlikely).
-
General Son of Beast Discussion
Today I looked at the Son of Beast, and to me I'm really starting to think its getting worse by the year. So I have a idea on what could be made after the Son of Beast is down, that I would think would be a good "memorial" to an "unloved son". A- Red "Beast" prints where the ride track was in the new area. B-One post of the Son of Beast with a sign talking about what the Son of Beast is and was.
- General Son of Beast Discussion
-
Fast Lane
I have one complaint about the wristbands. Yesterday I went to buy one and you have to have a suv. cup for the refills (Misunderstanding maybe?).
-
Guests Say The Darnest Things
* After going 10 feet back to the entry point of Tidal Wave Bay* "The waves are pushing us back" "I cant believe that the guy yelled at me for getting in on the right side of the Action River!"
-
Whats the funniest rumor youv'e ever heard?
That Son of Beast is returning 2013......
-
Fast Lane
1. You get infront of the whole line of people by a adjacent route 2. A 0-7 minute wait 3. Usually by the enterance of the ride, and or the exit Wait its your birthday on Saturday? Well happy birthday to you on Saturday!
-
Have you leveled-up in the Fun Perks Yet?
I won a free cotton candy.... I wonder, is there a reward, to where you get to choose the fate of Son of Beast? (Pun intended)
-
Son Of BEAST Question
It is probably A: Stored in one of the sign buildings B: Trashed C: Stored in a haunt/material store house Like always a topic will go
-
July 4th crowds
I would believe that it would be crowded. Being that active service members will be able to get into the park for free, it will be a large crowd, or will it? That depends...
-
Why is there land clearing behind sob?
If only they did, then Kings Island's woods would be nothing!
-
Old Winterfest Show
*Cough cough* Cedar Fair happened *cough cough* yes I did hear of this, I wish I went to the Winterfest at some point.
-
Why is there land clearing behind sob?
I believe this should go under "rumors" since this was a misunderstanding leading to a rumor. Also to the person about the Soak City/Boomerang Bay deal, remember the bay!
-
Dining at Disney
Great restaurant choice!
-
Dining at Disney
The Bier Garten at Epcot Liberty Tree Tavern at Magic Kingdom Brown Derby at MGM studios 1900 Park Fare Grand Floridian Resort Yachtsmans Steak House at the Yacht Club These have probably been stated before, but these are the ones that I enjoy at Disney. (Other than the Charlies Steak House or the Rainforest Cafe)
-
Why is there land clearing behind sob?
Google maps at the Son of Beast area, you see alot....
-
Why is there land clearing behind sob?
Signs of times? What do you mean by that? Wild ThornBerries sign and a few other signs are back there.
-
Why is there land clearing behind sob?
You do know there is a clearing behind Son of Beast for trams/signs of times past right? Now since you probably did know heres a few questions. 1 Why would they do this? 2 What may come? 3 Demolition for the bundle of sticks? All those answers will be answered shortly after the commercial break when Kings Island makes the big announcement some day.
-
Kings Island/Soak City (July-2-12)
Today was actually better than I expected. We started off with the Diamondback, then to the Boo Blasters on Boo Hill, each having small lines for Early Ride Times which let us ride twice! After we went to the Backlot Stunt Tour, which had a mild line for a morning. The next ride was of course WindSeeker, that had a regular easy fast paced line. We had Larosas pizza at the River Town location, which was a great idea for the water spray on us in the heat of the day. We then made our way to Soak City after that. The lines were longer, but for a average day it was all of the same for the afternoon. We started with the Thunder Falls, which had a average line. The Zoom Flume had a massive line for a monday, but being 4th week its a regular thing. After we did a couple loops around the Action River. The Tidal Wave Bay had alot of people in it, but tubes were not that hard to find at some points, it was a very good time. After, we headed to the Breakers Bay, a classic favorite, that has barely any people in it, making it a "highlight" of the day. We retired from the waterpark and went back to the regular park shortly after. We went to the Flight of Fear, and to the Firehawk, which both had longer lines. Then to the usual Adventure Express, Drop Zone, Flight Deck, and Congo Falls, which all had regular lines. We left after those rides, it was a hotter day than usual. Hoping this helped you BB1.
-
The compliment thread
I also have noticed "hate mail" sad day when a idiot is rude to people. Anyways, a lady gave a kid a larger sample of fudge than usual.
-
Soak City trip report (6-28-12)
It was a bit packed, but for me a packed park is Blizzard Beach during the middle of July, not a couple hundred (or less) people at a park.