Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Maverick00

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Maverick00

  1. I once saw somebody try to get the whole train on Diamondback to do the same pose at the picture. Everybody did it and it was really funny.
  2. There will not be a major attraction in 1-2 years. Only if it's successful will they open Roller Skater and Thunder Run in 2014. Those will be the new attractions.
  3. The colors of the sign don't match the colors of the ride.
  4. Cedar Point has recently been named 'StromReady' and they actually have storm shelter signs on certain buildings now.
  5. Platinum Passes are great. We had them last year and we visited four Cedar Fair parks.
  6. Don't forget that the GMs have a lot of say in what's going on now. Yes, Mr. Ouimet is getting a lot of the credit but for the first time, the GMs actually have a say in what's going on. Kinzel acted as the GM of every Cedar Fair park, now with Kinzel gone, the GMs actually have a say in what they want. Now all of them have twitters and can tweet stuff, that would of never happened under Kinzel.
  7. Accident happened on May 31, the woman spoke out about it on June 16.
  8. As TheBeastmaster said, the loop is Dominator at Kings Dominion. That commercial is being used throughout the chain for every park, no hinting going on there, sorry
  9. So he seriously said there's nothing to do about it? Why would he just say that?
  10. They might tell you lots of rumors but in some way there usually correct. They'll state it's a crazy rumor if it really is. Besides the rumors though, it's great for construction updates and just new things going around.
  11. I do go on lots of trips to park but just following screamscape helps. They always announce all the new rides and coasters and everything about them. Youll also find alot of information just on forums like these.
  12. Racing roller coasters only count as one in terms of how many coasters a park has. Cedar Point has done a great job in keeping up with coasters. How many parks can say they've gone 34 years without removing a roller coaster? Not many.
  13. Thirteen is different because it contains a part of the ride where the track actually free fall drops along with the train. The first coaster like this in the US will be Verbolten at Busch Gardens Williamsburg.
  14. That is Nemesis, a B&M Inverted coaster. I've never been but make sure u get a ride on Thirteen. That coaster is very different than any other. http://www.rcdb.com/776.htm
  15. Intamin uses the term Inverted though. I'm sure there's others too. Vekoma just named it strange. Invertigo and Flying Ace are both inverted as they don't sway.
  16. Every time I go in Action Zone, it's dead. SoB being closed is part of it but there's been nothing new there since Cedar Fair purchased it and I feel it's one of the forgotten areas of the park. I've never seen a line at Congo Falls or really anything else. The restaurant there hasn't even been open when I'm there.
  17. It looks like Canada's Wonderland still has metal detectors. Anyone known if Kings Dominion or Carowinds still does? Here's a link for the picture of the metal detectors at Cw, http://www.cwmania.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=2430&start=30
  18. Glad to see the metal detectors gone. As stated above, none of the pre-paramount parks has them. Besides, my family always jokes around how there not even turned on. They were just decoration, I've never seen one go off.
  19. I don't think it's been mentioned on here but Six Flags used to have a ride rotation program where every park would name one coaster they wouldn't mind losing. There's rumors that may be happening again with all the shuffling going on at Six Flags. As for this thread, Vortex at Carowinds is not a good standup at all. I would trade Firehawks atmosphere for Nighthawks at Carowinds. Nighthawk is a much better ride with the lake/pond under it.
  20. Well people were talking about a Giga Coaster at Kings Island and IMO, Kings Island doesn't need one. I was saying that if any park in the Cedar Fair chain gets a giga coaster, it'll be Knotts Berry Farm I think. I know there's room for coasters at Cedar Point,. Some people have drawn up some plans for coasters at PointBuzz that are good locations that would be great for the park.
  21. I don't see how they can plan for 10 years. The amusement industry changes so much. Geauga Lake in 1999 was a nice little park, nothing big with good size coasters, and one of four SeaWorld parks right across the lake. Who knew 8 years later it would have gone through 3 ownerships, SeaWorld would be gone with a not so bad water park in its place and Geauga Lake would be left rotting forever, including the Big Dipper which is still rotting away today.
  22. Where would what go in CP?
  23. If any Cedar Fair park gets a Giga Coaster in the coming years, It'll be Knotts Berry Farm. I think Diamondback is perfect for KI, nothing taller is needed with Cedar Point right around the corner. I'd expect some kind of decision about SoB soon with Mr. Ouimet being the new CEO. Disney isn't big on letting attractions stand and not operate.
  24. I think now that Cedar Fair owns both parks, there going to try to differentiate the parks (Even thought theres WindSeeker and Dinosaurs at both), I'm talking more about roller coasters. I could see Kings Island getting a Dive Machine from B&M in 2014. Cedar Point is most likely getting a Wing coaster for 2013.
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.