HELLO EVERYONE!
Over spring break, my family made a trip to St. Louis.
------
After braving the long car ride from Cincinnati to St. Louis, we arrived at our beautiful Hyatt Hotel at 2am in the morning on Saturday. My family quickly went to bed as we were soo tired.
The next morning, when I opened the curtains, I found myself gazing at the arch and the Missouri River! Our room had a beautiful view. My mom and I got ready and headed to Six Flags, which was about 45 minutes from downtown.
We entered the gates five minutes before opening. There were security guards holding off the crowds a little ways from the main entrance. Once it was 10:30, everyone started to run to their favorite ride. My mom and I rushed to the Boss, as it was at the back of the park. Sadly it was closed due to low temperatures.
We then made a beeline towards the Screamin Eagle. There was no wait! We just walked on the ride. The Screamin Eagle was a fast, and fun airtime filled machine. It had a few rough spots, but overall it was a really good coaster. 4/5
My mom and I then headed to the Pandemonium, a spinning coaster. We started to chat with a few rollercoaster enthusiasts who were planning a trip to Kings Island this summer. I made sure to give them a bunch of helpful tips, such as riding The Beast at night. After about 15 minutes we boarded Pandemonium
Pandemonium was extremely smooth. There were a few crazy spots were we spun around alot! Overall, a good family coaster. 4/5
Then we went to Mr. Freeze, but it was down, so we went to American Thunder, but it was down, so we waited about 5 minutes until it was working, but then it shut down again. So then we went to Mr. Freeze, which was thankfully open. After about a half hour wait, my mom and I were launching backwards at 70 mph. Mr Freeze was fast paced, and very intense. It really knocked the wind outta me. 4.5/5
After Mr. Freeze we headed over to American Thunder, which was open! After a 5 minute wait it was our turn to board the ride, when it broke down again! I really wanted to ride this coaster so I waited inside the station for about 20 minutes until it opened back up. American Thunder was a really fun GCI coaster. There were little pops of ejector air around every turn. American Thunder is a very solid coaster. 4.25/5
We then headed over to the east side of the park. I have always wanted to ride Excalibur. It didn't exactly live up to expectations... numerous times throughout the ride cycle, the whole cabin jolted and by the end I just wanted to hurl. I can see why not many parks have this ride. We then had lunch at Panda Express. Pretty decent food.
The next ride was the Ninja. After a 5 minute wait I boarded the train. In the backseat, there was an amazing burst of ejector airtime going over the first hill and the loops were full of G's. I was expecting this to be a really bad headbanger, but there were only 2 spots were I hurt my head. Pretty decent coaster overall.
Made a quick stop to the mine train (cant remember the name) Not really anything exciting, but it was a good kid's coaster. 3/5
Boomerang and Batman were down for the day, but they are clones so it doesn't really matter.
After Six Flags we headed back to the hotel to pick up my dad, and then we went to the City Museum. Tickets were only ten bucks, which was a really good deal. There is so much stuff do to here and to explore. All I'm going to tell you is that it was an amazing experience for my family and I.
We headed back to the hotel and then walked to Gio's for dinner. The food was really delicious and not too pricy. If your in St. Louis and you like Italian food, then I'd recommend you go there.(This is a pic from the restaurant. My fav picture from the trip.)
We had a very interesting night walk back to our hotel. mhm.
At that moment I was super tired. We had a really long day.
I woke up yo.
The Hyatt Hotel had a very good breakfast buffet. After stuffing ourselves with oatmeal, muffins, and bacon we walked towards the arch. After buying our tickets for the tram ride up to the arch, we decided to check out the free museum.The museum was cool, it had some good information about St. Louis's role in westward expansion and how the arch was built to recognize this significance.
-----
It was time! We handed in our tickets and waited infront of our designated "pod" that would transport us up into the top of the arch.
It was a very tight squeeze getting into the pod, but after a claustrophobic 3 minutes, we reached the top, and the view was amazing!
After the tour of the arch, we drove back home... so yeah.
-----------
Overall, I thought Six Flags St. Louis was a really nice park. It is built up on a hill so if you go, prepare to walk alot. The park has a lot of potential, but I think Six Flags is overlooking it and only giving the larger parks (SFGA, SFGAdv, SFMM, etc.) big ride additions. With some tlc this park could rise up there and become one of the better amusement parks.
THE END
oh also i have more photos on my camera. i'll upload em later