Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Joshua

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Joshua

  1. Joshua replied to fryoj's topic in Kings Island
    I'd be on the lookout for more tape-overs. I also wonder what the chances are of another decoder message starting on Monday.
  2. I've ridden Blue more than Red this year, but I feel like my experience on that side has been way rougher than the other.
  3. Joshua replied to fryoj's topic in Kings Island
    Could it perhaps be themed to an asteroid, alien invasion, giant monster, or some other form of 1950s era B-movie/sci-fi goodness?
  4. Joshua replied to fryoj's topic in Kings Island
    So back if the teaser phrase for this giga is "It's the End of the World As We Know It," could Son of Beast have been "Everybody Hurts?"
  5. Just because a ride is old doesn't mean the park should get rid of it.
  6. Joshua replied to fryoj's topic in Kings Island
    But have they taped over their contract?
  7. Joshua replied to fryoj's topic in Kings Island
  8. Joshua replied to fryoj's topic in Kings Island
    Yeah, I was never quite behind the "peeling off" scenario because they'd have to figure, as evidenced in your photo, some bozo out there would try to peel it off themselves and voila, there goes that epic reveal. I think these changes mean something. I am definitely convinced that if the sequence number "changes," it means that the poster's letter is used more than once. But what I can't figure out is what the changes to the statistical data means. The best theory is that the larger numbers are hiding stats to the rides, but why change those numbers? Are we supposed to subtract the original stats from the updated stats? Whoever thought this up is either completely insane or utterly brilliant.
  9. Joshua replied to fryoj's topic in Kings Island
    I am assuming that when the sequence number is changed, it means that the letter appears multiple times in the word/phrase. For example, O would be at both Sequence V and VII.
  10. Joshua replied to fryoj's topic in Kings Island
    "This means something. This is important."
  11. Joshua replied to fryoj's topic in Kings Island
    I've never understood VR on rollercoasters. You'd think riding one would be spectacle enough.
  12. At the very least, the lava effect needs to be restored.
  13. I can't say I ever really notice the rattle.
  14. Joshua replied to fryoj's topic in Kings Island
    Previously, W was at 3, O was 5, K at 8, I at 9 But I am unfamiliar with the changes that are happening to the posters. Are the sequence numbers themselves changing? If possible, could someone detail all the changes that have been made to these posters?
  15. Joshua replied to fryoj's topic in Kings Island
    Sequence# could refer to the order in which the letters are supposed to go. They might be placing them in a scrambled fashion, but it is still too early to tell. Another theory is they will place the posters up to spell one thing, but if you put the letters in sequence order, they might spell something else, such as the ride's name. Or the sequence numbers could be a red herring. But one thing I love about today's poster is how much it played against our expectations simply by using a ride that is a) not a coaster b) obscure and c) has been defunct for a really long time. It is a nice little tribute to the park's history and I hope some of the other posters follow a similar route.
  16. Joshua replied to fryoj's topic in Kings Island
    And then lugging them to a certain used book store. "Yo, how much can I get for these?"
  17. Unfortunately, I never rode it. Along with The Jaws Ride, that is one of my great regrets.
  18. I am fairly certain mine was The Beastie.
  19. Joshua replied to fryoj's topic in Kings Island
    It is still quite a bit of space. The only thing that makes sense to me is that there are more two letters in between O and KI. My honest guess at this point is it is spelling out Polaris KI.
  20. Joshua replied to fryoj's topic in Kings Island
    I am wondering if the sequence numbers refer to letter placement, then might the letters be placed out of order and have to be unscrambled? The reason I wonder is if O is Sequence 5, then where is there so much space between Sequence 5 and Sequence 8?
  21. Joshua replied to fryoj's topic in Kings Island
    Watch it end up spelling "OVALTINE."
  22. Joshua replied to fryoj's topic in Kings Island
    Even more if they include Screamin' Demon, classic Bat, King Cobra, Son of Beast, and Bavarian Beetle.
  23. Joshua replied to fryoj's topic in Kings Island
    There would also be those people who would buy both in hopes that the design that isn't used becomes a collector's item to sell at 600% markup.
  24. Joshua replied to fryoj's topic in Kings Island
    Also, I don't think FOF was the fifth rollercoaster. If the sequencing means anything, it could be referring to the placement of the letters themselves. EDIT: Although, it would be cool to see every coaster the park ever had on that wall.
  25. Joshua replied to fryoj's topic in Kings Island
    Although it is hard telling, assuming there isn't going to be too much space in between the words they are spelling, LARIS might use up the space between O and KI better than RION, which would leave an awkward amount of space. This is based on a lot of other assumptions, including whether it was the first O that appeared for Orion and if the letters are even going to spell the title at all. Also, what are the chances of the letters being placed scrambled for further decoding?
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.