Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Miythandria

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Miythandria

  1. I didn't either. But it worked. I haven't been on here for a couple of weeks because we spent last week at Cedar Point, so I didn't know if this topic had been brought up or not. I couldn't find a thread about it though.
  2. And I have another one. In the video, there is a frustrated man waiting in line (possibly to apply for a job). He imagines himself breaking free and running around screaming. There is a lot of whistling in the video
  3. While I was at the Chicken Shack, an employee offered me a deal on a drink "pass" for my souvenir cup. He said that I could pay $8. Then, he would put my bar code into the system for the day. After that, my drinks would be unlimited for the day. Has anyone else been offered this deal?
  4. Thank you so much, jdawg1998! That's the one!
  5. There is a song/video that is played on FunTV that I can't get the name of. It is pop, but has a VERY Celtic rhythm. I can't hear the words, but love the beat. Every time I get close to reading the credits, the line I'm in moves. Does anyone know the title and/or artists?
  6. For those who are gold/platinum pass holders, do you plan to attend the luau that Kings Island is hosting on July 12th?
  7. We were very happy to get to ride Drop Tower on Monday.
  8. Firehawk is always the worst for me. The line moves so slowly. And, even with the covering, it is so stinking hot under there. I usually only ride it a few times per year. McSalsa, we waited 4 hours and 10 minutes on opening day to ride Banshee. Whew! During the late 80s, I can remember waiting 2-3 hours for the major rides. The Beast even had "Beast" tracks when handled the overflow into the main park. I'm glad there are more high thrill rides so that people are spread out.
  9. The season long plan is great, fantastic, wonderful for our family of 8. It has more than paid for itself! I hope this is a "keeper."
  10. ++met some awesome people while in line for Diamondback. They asked me a question about the park. After that, we talked for nearly an hour. We were waiting after a lightning delay. ++ate my first meal at The Chicken Shack ++was able to stay until the park closed ++was really impressed by the work ethic of one of the managers at Skyline on International Street. I didn't deal with him; I just noticed how "on the ball" he was.
  11. Although I did like the movie-based themes, I think Cedar Fair is a little more safety conscious.
  12. Awesome picture and story. Thanks for sharing!
  13. We ate at the Chicken Shack for the first time on Thursday. I had a chicken sandwich with fries. It was a very good and very large meal. I am so very glad that we have the season long dining plan.
  14. For now, I am hoping that all workers on each ride are trained in that particular ride's rules. For example, on Banshee, some of the line workers would let people with backpacks go through if the people said they were switching bags with their fellow riders. "Me and my husband will hold the bags while the kids ride, then we will switch." At other times, the line workers would say in no uncertain terms that bags WERE NOT permitted in the line. Although this really doesn't affect my family (we have one with vertigo problems so she stays with the bags), it can cause problems.
  15. **Banshee line stayed relatively short all day yesterday (23rd). I heard one person comment that this was probably because the line is fast, plus one doesn't have to "pay" to ride other rides. **The weather was absolutely perfect. **They are now handing out official flyers to those who have the season-long meal plan. The flyers tell you what you can get at each place.
  16. I rode in the front for the first time. It was a completely different experience. I loved the way that the track would "disappear" for a fraction of a second, and I felt like I was flying.
  17. While my kids were stuck on Invertigo (the restraints would not release on the ride and the outer exit gates were frozen in the locked position), I talked with a worker who was locked out on the wrong side of the gate. He said Drop Tower is not broken. They were waiting on some general basic maintenance items and that it should be running by June 1st. Yep, you can take that with a grain of salt. Should I have put it in the Rumor section?
  18. I went today. The park was not crowded at all. Even with Drop Tower still down and Flight of Fear having trouble, the only line with a real wait was Firehawk. If you go on Wednesday, take care. They are calling for some pretty bad storms, but who knows? I also hope to make it to the park on Friday. Too bad I have a group picnic I need to attend on Thursday.
  19. Every time I go to KI, I buy myself a Buckeye to munch on the long walk back to my car. And those Dreamsicles look delicious!
  20. I have kids to carry my cup.
  21. The amount of food the vendors are giving out with the meal plans. My kids are so happy!
  22. Good ride. Looking forward to it operating safely again.
  23. On our last visit, we had some interesting things happen while we were there. First, a young man with a mental handicap decided that he really liked my 16 year old daughter. He was completely focused on her. After a couple of minutes, he started to pat her on the back and touch her arm. She was trying very hard to be nice because of his handicap, but she was getting uncomfortable. Since the line was short, she let me know that we could "wait it out." When he got to the front of the line and entered the seat-specific lane, he got right behind us. All of a sudden, he says, "I love you so much, and you are my forever girlfriend." Then he grabbed her and gave her a big hug that lasted about 10 full seconds. She politely disengaged herself and said with a sweet smile, "I can't be your girlfriend. I won't even see you after this ride." As our train pulled out of the station, he yelled, "I love you!" When we got off, we booked it out of there. Later, while in line for Flight of Fear, this group of teens kept bumping into my back. As this was a long line, it happened several times before I finally started to push back. For a few minutes, it would stop. Then, there we would go again. I was so happy to finally get into the car.
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.