NEW RIDE FOR 2008-2009

familyguyfun1

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But see the problem that DisneQwest encountered, was people like myself not willing to pay the money to enjoy it or the time, when there was other things in Downtown Disney that we wanted to do, and when we wanted to spend time in the actual parks.

I was down in Disney for my two week honeymoon the we enjoyed it on two different occaisions. The first day was practically an all day experience, the second was for about 4 hours.

It really is a nice break from being outside in the blistering Florida heat. Or on a rain day.

Now that I really think about it, how about a Cirque de Soleil? Sure it would be an upcharge event, and probably built over near GWL, and have nothing to do with CF, but what a great attraction for the area!

And for those of you that live near Dayton:

http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/CirqueDuSole...ts.htm?c=Dayton

If you have the opportunity to go, DO IT! The shows are breathtaking. And worth every penny.

while we're talking about shows, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, or whatever they call it now had an awesome River Dance show. For an amusement park I was flat-out impressed at the quality, detail, and complexity of it all.

So, when are they going to announce ANYTHING for KI in 08 anyway? Are they?

• 2 weeks later...

I went to both the Orlando DisneyQuest (2x) and the branch in Chicago. I enjoyed it, but found it to be pretty much an identical experience all three times (it was a "once you've done it...you've done it" type of thing.)

That didn't affect them nearly as bad in Orlando where you have a constant influx of new visitors already geared for the Disney experience. From what I've read, the business plan for the Chicago location called for a high amount of repeat traffic, and they just didn't get it. Once people visited, they didn't tend to regularly come back, so the business model was unsubstainable.

It's too bad, because they had some really good and unique attractions. The VR sword fighting game was amazing...I also really liked the coaster simulator. (Our Dave & Buster's has one of those now, too...) I also thought they way they approached ticketing with the Amex "stored value" cards was interesting. I often thought that might offer an idea for how theme parks could handle ticketing and attractions in the future instead of POP...load up your card when you enter the park, then swipe it to "pay" for each attraction, food, merchandise, etc. throughout your day. (And, of course, there would be plenty of opportunity throughout the day to recharge your card ;) )

But see the problem that DisneQwest encountered, was people like myself not willing to pay the money to enjoy it or the time, when there was other things in Downtown Disney that we wanted to do, and when we wanted to spend time in the actual parks.

I was down in Disney for my two week honeymoon the we enjoyed it on two different occaisions. The first day was practically an all day experience, the second was for about 4 hours.

It really is a nice break from being outside in the blistering Florida heat. Or on a rain day.

Now that I really think about it, how about a Cirque de Soleil? Sure it would be an upcharge event, and probably built over near GWL, and have nothing to do with CF, but what a great attraction for the area!

And for those of you that live near Dayton:

http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/CirqueDuSole...ts.htm?c=Dayton

If you have the opportunity to go, DO IT! The shows are breathtaking. And worth every penny.

Personally I'd love to see KI get a package of new flats. A Breakdance, a Tilt-O-Whirl, a traditional Flying Carpet, a whip, spinning teacups etc etc etc.

...none of which GL had.

Me too. I'd love to see a good 'ol whip and tilt-a-whirl at KI.

Guest faceoff

The el dorado should have been retired years ago. The ride is slow and really a waste of space.

King's island doesn't need this ride. If they wanted a flying carpet ride, i suggest one like kennywood

had. That one was a super ride. They removed the ride and replaced with the cosmic chaos.

The el dorado should have been retired years ago. The ride is slow and really a waste of space.

King's island doesn't need this ride. If they wanted a flying carpet ride, i suggest one like kennywood

had. That one was a super ride. They removed the ride and replaced with the cosmic chaos.

Or the one from Holiday World. Loved that one. They replaced it with Hollow Swings.