NEW RIDE FOR 2008-2009

familyguyfun1

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it true that TTD is being moved to KI at the end of this year?

SHHH!

I don't know how you found out, but don't let anyone else know!

The Lake Erie saltwater keeps messing up the hydraulic launch motor.

No, that's all wrong. They are replacing the hydraulic motor with LIMS and will be using the hydraulic motor for the Frog Hopper.

KI needs either...

A. Some sort of roller coaster like Maverick.

B. A B&M dive coaster.

C. SOB with an inversion...

D. A unique thrill thrill rie that can only be ridden at KI.

E. Antique cars.

F. Giga coaster.

G. A ride just like Skyhawk only bigger.

=]

Now, there has been alot of romors going around about the new ride for the next season. So I wanted to make a form so you can talk about all the new rides you think are comeing, from, new dive coaster in Rivertown, to new flat ride in Action Zone, to a restroom in X-BASE. And to dissagree to with other members on belifes to facts.

My thoughts are they will get a dive coaster in Rivertown where the wings buffet is to that room in IT:ST and back. The reason why I belive in this statement is because of the low attendance they have been haveing lately in the park and they need a new and fresh attraction to bring the people back!

I think that they should put a coaster in

I think a dive coaster would work really well at KI. The only ones in America are on the east coast. I think that if the midwest got one it would really draw a LOT of people to the park. Though I don't see KI spending big money on a ride again for a few years at least.

KI needs either...

A. Some sort of roller coaster like Maverick.

B. A B&M dive coaster.

C. SOB with an inversion...

D. A unique thrill thrill rie that can only be ridden at KI.

E. Antique cars.

F. Giga coaster.

G. A ride just like Skyhawk only bigger.

=]

Okay C,D,E, and F are out of the question. Its eather going to be B, or just a thrill ride in X-Base.

I think a dive coaster would work really well at KI. The only ones in America are on the east coast. I think that if the midwest got one it would really draw a LOT of people to the park. Though I don't see KI spending big money on a ride again for a few years at least.

Tampa is not on the East Coast! :)

It's actually on the western coast of Florida!

Okay I see everyone saying X-Base is a good area for a ride, but if you look their is not a lot of room with coasters on both sides. Also you can see other buildings used by the park back in that area. I still Coney Mall needs a flat ride in the Fly Commander area.

Tilt A Whirls have horrible capacity. To the tune of seven cars holding at most three people, provides for only 21 people per cycle.

If I had to take a wild guess, I`d say that park is going to either get a flat ride next year, a water attraction in Boomerang Bay or just general park improvements. I would only expect the park to receive one major new attraction, if the park is lucky enough to even get that.

I heard they were going to leave the Eiffel Tower in place and put TTD's tophat over the top of it. Some sort of expensive architecture will be used to utilize the Eiffel Tower as a support.

I think it would go something like this...

TopThrillTower.jpg

The Eiffel Tower at Kings Island is a one third scale replica and officially stands 315 feet tall. It used to have an antennae on top of it that made it stand 333' tall. Top Thrill Dragster stands 420 feet tall. For comparisons sake, the original Gustave incarnation of the tower in Paris stands 986 feet tall and was completed in 1889.

Replicas at any size, are just not the same after you have eaten on the second level. I could have been eating McDonalds and it would have tasted good with that view.

http://www.restaurants-toureiffel.com/engl...our-eiffel.html

Indeed! Though I have eaten cookies and sno-cones and pretzels on the first platform (the one formerly accessible by steps) at Kings Island. Many, many years ago. Can't say I've even seen the real one, except in pictures!

In passing, I should note the pricing at the restaurant you cited in Paris and at Paris's restaurant in Las Vegas is very similar. The Paris in Las Vegas has the highest grossing restaurant in America in it. Put another way, it is even more expensive than the one in Paris, France. And I bet the food is nowhere near as good...the view certainly can't be.

Guest rcfreak339

I came back from the park about 3 days ago and i overheard a worker talking to another guest and they where talking about a new ride in 2008... She said that KI was going to get a impulse coaster.

So im thinking how about Villien From Guega Lake. :unsure:

I came back from the park about 3 days ago and i overheard a worker talking to another guest and they where talking about a new ride in 2008... She said that KI was going to get a impulse coaster.

So im thinking how about Villien From Guega Lake. :unsure:

So you think they will move The Villain to KI and convert it to a impulse coaster.

Theres no Way Guega Lake is losing another coaster to Kings Island. And if Kings Island keeps building , maybe we'll become a resort, with our own hotel and all.

I would love to see a new coaster, but wow a coaster a year incredible?

The sad thing though is this the end for Guega Lake???