smoothest seat on SOB

bday123

For me - I think the very front seat. Actually had my best ride around 8:30 last night, front seat of blue train. Totally incredible...and the 'rosebowl' didn't even beat me up either!

However - while in line for The Beast I was talking with someone who said, in their opinion, the very back seat of the SOB was smoother than the front of the train!

Any other perspectives on this?

True - I could have rode the very back seat to see for myself...but just didn't want to chance it.

I'm 38 and my back probably wouldn't have appreciated the abuse if in fact it wasn't true.

I have only ridden in 2-1 and the back car 1st row. 2-1 is very smooth, my only complaint is I bump shoulders with my boyfriend when we ride. The back car in the 1st row was rougher then 2-1 I did not like it. I would imagine that the last seat is a bit rough. I really want to ride in the front seat again, I only have once, years ago.

It's amazing how other people's opinions are different, which they are entitled to that. I found 2-1 to be horrid when I rode several weeks ago in the blue train. I didn't like 2-1 either in the old trains. Ouch!! I found 6-1 to be pretty good though, and I also liked 1-1. Those 2 rides were in the Red Train. My last ride on SOB was in 4-1 in Red Train, yes being a little rough in the rose bowl, but nothing that is totally unbearable.

My question, could the fact that everyone isn't the same size, could the size you are make a difference in how rough the rides feels to you?

It's amazing how other people's opinions are different, which they are entitled to that. I found 2-1 to be horrid when I rode several weeks ago in the blue train. I didn't like 2-1 either in the old trains. Ouch!!

I rode 2-1 in both the red and blue train and also found that the blue train there was fairly rough. However, 2-1 in the red train was nice and smooth. So I guess it also has to deal with which train you ride in.

I have ridden in the red train evertime. From what I have read on here the blue train is worse. It is strange how everyones opinions very.

I refuse to ride in the back of a car. Yesterday a lady asked me if I would like to get in front of them to ride in 1-2. I was like, no thanks, the back of the car is rougher. She looked at me like I was nuts! In the old cars if I rode in the middle or back of a train it would shake me so badly and the forces would make my socks (I wore tube socks) push down. Unbelievable. LOL.

It's amazing how other people's opinions are different, which they are entitled to that. I found 2-1 to be horrid when I rode several weeks ago in the blue train. I didn't like 2-1 either in the old trains. Ouch!! I found 6-1 to be pretty good though, and I also liked 1-1. Those 2 rides were in the Red Train. My last ride on SOB was in 4-1 in Red Train, yes being a little rough in the rose bowl, but nothing that is totally unbearable.

My question, could the fact that everyone isn't the same size, could the size you are make a difference in how rough the rides feels to you?

I like 6-1

I rode Son of Beast 2 days ago and I don't think i'll ever ride it again, First coaster I've said that about, I remembered it was rough from when I last rode it a couple years ago, but wow it ruined my day, I had such a splitting headache after getting off I couldn't ride for 2 hours and I never get headaches. When I was on I felt like someone was hitting me over the head with a baseball bat. From now on I'll ride The Beast instead of his bratty little son :)

Last time I rode it I remember riding twice in a row so it must not have been as bad, but the other day it was brutal!

I rode once in the front row of the last car... NEVER again! It was the worst roller coaster experience I have ever had. I was so banged around that it seriously was hurting my neck and head. My boyfriend got a little freaked out because I actually had to put pressure to my head it hurt so bad.

But the ride itself did not bother me much when I rode in the first row of the first car. So, that is the one that I personally feel is the smoothest ride.

ok i went on thursday, and we rode the last row, last car, and lets jsut say, it went from my visit on the tenth of this month as very smooth, to horrible. i wouldnt reccommend that seat to anyone with a working brain. i love the ride, but seriously, that was too rough, and ive never said that about it in a negative sense. ill be riding it towards the front next time.

Yes, but...

Was the difference where you sat or was the difference that more time has passed since your previous ride and when the ride was last closed for rehab?

Son of Beast has this long habit of being ridable when it first reopens, only to slowly degrade to something much less than that. I, for one, had hoped this would not be the case this time. I last rode it July 4, when it was tolerable. I will ride it again in early August. Why, I am not quite sure. Curiosity, I guess...

I for one find the blue train worse then the red train. The red train was out of order on Wednesday. I mush rather ride in red then blue. But I felt the ride was much more rougher in the rose bowl on Wednesday then I did on Sunday. Sunday I was in red train, Wednesday in blue.

That's good to hear. Hopefully they are still running 2 on Sunday. I'm going with my Brother, his wife and my 2 nephews, and I'm not really in the mood to stand in a long slow moving line. At least with 2 trains it moves a little faster.