Paint Jobs

DropZone99

I don't think Vortex looks bad. Yeah the track that leads into the train storage shed doesn't look very good, but that is original paint from Arrow's Factory from when they built Vortex. The paint has wore off on the running rails, but that's going to happen.

Compare the paint on that part of the track to the main track and you can tell a major difference, at least the whole ride doesn't look like that. :)

If any coaster needs paint it's Top Gun.

Black and Neon Green would look swwet on The Vortex.

The neon would fade too quickly and look like terrible.

And when I think of that kind of green, I keep thinking of what CF did to WildCat at CP. A shade of green and purple. It reminds me of Vince McMahon's defunct XFL.

But why change it at all? The dark blue/ orange looks rather decent offset with the woods behind it.

According to Siebert on one of the construction tours for IJ back in the spring of 2005, they decided that the gray color of the track would look more like a road, and would not stand out as much as the yellow track.

Too bad. Some truly awesome coasters have yellow track.

See, for example:

http://www.rcdb.com/ig110.htm?picture=4

• 2 weeks later...
According to Siebert on one of the construction tours for IJ back in the spring of 2005, they decided that the gray color of the track would look more like a road, and would not stand out as much as the yellow track.

if they wanted it to look like a road then why didn't they put a double yellow line going down the center of the track?