New Beast and SOB Trains in '08?

FOFirehawkFAN

HUH?

Shooting Star had three bench trains. Two of them. That were moved to become two of the four Twin Racer trains. And the flip down bars disappeared a LONG time before 2006. Not to mention the appearance of seat dividers, Volvo type head restraints, the pads on the side walls of The Beast, etc.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...%3Doff%26sa%3DG

I was not referring to the flip down "buzz" bars once found on Beast and Racer but the individual restraints now featured on the rides. The individual restraints that replaced the buzz bars lasted untill 2005 and were replaced by newer, and more thick, individula restraints for the 2006 season. Towards the end of the 2005 season the last car of Beast's train 3 was outfitted with the newer restraints painted black. In 2006 they were on all trains and all orange.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Racer re-invented wooden roller coasters, its a landmark in the history of roller coasters, AND it was featured in an episode of the Brady Bunch so it should NEVER go away! Also there is no reason to tear down one ride to build another, KI has TONS of land outside what is currently developed.

^ note the NOT IMPLEMENTING THIS IDEA part. But, The Racer is a real landmark. That is just so cool to look at while your walking by, after riding The Vortex (another classic that's starting to dissapear), it just looks so cool. And, in the Brady Bunch, that was filmed 1 year after the park opened! Wouldn't you film somewhere like Coney Island (not that we didn't need the publicity)! ;) And, most of the land out there is hilly and swampy and untouched Ohio terrein. Hard to build on. Besides, look at the map; we've pretty much boxed ourselves in!

Note that CP has removed more rides than we had total last year! :lol: Just wanted to stick that in there. Yea, the X-Base Idea was great! Walking UNDER The Racer to another part of the park! In my opinion: X-Base has EXTREME potential!

The whole Idea just sounds better. X-Base could use a flat like Time Warp. Plus, get rid of those UGLY sheds! I think an Inverter like Raptor could go well back there. The theme has great potential, and so does every other aspect of it!

it's the smoothest woodie in the park.

Apparently you never ride RACER? That is my favourite coaster in the park. No matter how many times i ride it, it still packs a punch.

Unless I ride in a certain seat on The Racer, it's been one of the roughest coasters in the park this year, in my opinion. I'm not saying anything about tearing it down, I'm just making a point.

O.K. I am not implementing that I want this to happen in any way I'm just curious:

How would an Inverted Impulse Coaster work in Racer's place? :huh:

Back up here bud. Who ever said anything about taking The Racer out? Although it might be one of my least favorite coasters in the park, I still would hate to see it go. There is plenty of land in the park, you don't have to remove Sonny just to make room for a new coaster. Even before the re-tracking, SOB was my favorite coaster in the park. No matter how rough it is, a hyper wooden coaster just sounds cool, and that has to bring a few people in. Cedar Point really started to take off when they started to go for some records. However, all were steal. That is why I prefer Kings Island, not because it's a half hour closer, but because it has wooden coasters, they type I prefer.

OK, not to get back on topic or anything... :P But, I was waiting in line for The Beast on Saturday and I heard one of the ride attendants telling another guest that The Beast was getting new trains in '08 or '09. She said that the ARE going to be PTC trains.

I thought it was funny because I just read this forum before I went to the park.

it's the smoothest woodie in the park.

Apparently you never ride RACER? That is my favourite coaster in the park. No matter how many times i ride it, it still packs a punch.

i ride The Racer quite often. it's getting very tempermental.

one ride can be ok, you can get right back on and get your butt kicked.

OK, not to get back on topic or anything... :P But, I was waiting in line for The Beast on Saturday and I heard one of the ride attendants telling another guest that The Beast was getting new trains in '08 or '09. She said that the ARE going to be PTC trains.

I thought it was funny because I just read this forum before I went to the park.

Hmmm that is very interesting...

But aren't they also known for telling people that next year they are going to turn one of the trains around backwards?

And I believe it was some ride op that told me within a week of the SOB accident that it was going to be torn down.

Hmmm that is very interesting...

u know the op could be right the g-trains could be parts or storge

lesson 1:

G-trains are articulated...the current PTC's on Beast are not!

-This means that the lead axle on articulated trains is not the only axle that has some "yaw" to it.

In other words, articulated means, they track better and can take much greater banking in a much shorter span!

I was just saying that is what the problem is. They are no landmarks in those pics to tell that it's KI. But I have heard other say they could see them from the Eiffel Tower.

I was on the Eiffel Tower Sunday and couldn't see them, even with the telescope.

I was on the Tower this past sunday and saw nothing but im sure if you at the spot ware the RWB and Villans trains are I bet you can see the tower. Im not saying those trains are on park property :P .

• 2 weeks later...