Geauga Lake land sale info

I find it interesting how WWK will be boxed in if all of the land is sold.

I was thinking the same thing.

But on the other hand, how big can a waterpark possibly get?

There is a lot of land there. More than I ever thought they had. I doubt all the land would be purchased by one entity.

I think they are thinking by the more housing developments they can get in those areas the better. The more people they can have going to the wwk. If wwk does get boxed in, then it would be like the housing developments own personal water park lol

There is a lot of land there. More than I ever thought they had. I doubt all the land would be purchased by one entity.

Thats the main reason Cedar Fair bought that park! With ALL THAT LAND, Disney or Universal could have came in and built a HUGE park and we would be seeing CP shutting down. I still think they did the right thing by closing it and I believe that was the plan from the begining.

^ Read between the lines.

Disney and Universal as well as everyone else in the business had the opportunity to purchase the park from SF.

Busch could have also purchased the ride side, but chose to sell Sea World instead.

I am also willing to bet that there was no bidding war (i.e. Paramount Parks) when CF purchased SFWoA.

And given the amount of money that CF did put into the park prior to 2007 gives clear indication that selling off the rides and property was not the original plan.

Thats the main reason Cedar Fair bought that park! With ALL THAT LAND, Disney or Universal could have came in and built a HUGE park and we would be seeing CP shutting down. I still think they did the right thing by closing it and I believe that was the plan from the begining.

Cedar Fair put millions upon millions of dollars into the park... it just didn't work. Even last year they did certain capital improvements like removing the monorail and putting light fixtures where the supports were. If it were me, and I knew the park was going to be closed anyway, I would have just left the monorail, saved the money, and let it be demolished with everything else.

Yes, but would Disney & Universal be interested in a seasonal park? Methinks not... And before you mention Disney's parks in Tokyo, Hong Kong and Paris and the climates in those cities, think about the tourism draw of those locations. Nothing against the Greater Cleveland area (wow, I've never uttered those words before! :lol: ) but it does not have the same tourist economy as these 3 cities, thus almost certainly requiring, from a financial standpoint, a seasonal operating schedule. But than again, it is Disney, and they do have a supply of pixie dust to make magical things happen...