Would you re-theme FoF - and how?

italianchef

not sure,

And isn't everyone on this board (with some acceptions) considerd the enthusiusts and the Public is people who DON'T eat breath and sweat amusement parks?

Understood. I'm really trying to figure out what is going on in that area. Is it going to be a full on section, or just FOF and Firehawk? There's a lot that could be done if the intention is to build on what's there already, no?

It's hard to say what CF may do with that area in the future. As for now, at least for 2008, the only rides there will be FOF and Firehawk. Although, I completely agree with you about that area could be turned into the next major area for ride installments down the road. Somehow, you would have to have a connecting path to somewhere else so it's not like a cul de sac.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I thinking taking the roof off of FOF and making it an outdoor rollercoaster would take away from the ride all together. Just my opinion. Maybe they could add more effects as you are shot off like smoke or something, and flashing lights too. Also add some smoke inside of the actual area of the rollercoaster.

hyperspace.jpg

With a generous budget, I'd find the geniuses behind the Vegas Freemont Street Experience, and New York's Times Square buildings (using that bright LED technology) to line the inside walls with High-Definition LED screens, and fill them with an immersive, moving starscape with planet flybys, comets, galaxies, etc. Hey, dream big! -tb B)

Rock N roll a lil bit country all rowdy :

A musical over dose sponsered by cma(country music association) motown and hard rock?

And could'nt ki to keep rides add more have more sponsorship rides (they've done this before:

The scrambler sponsered by egglands best

Mello yellow presents invertgo

Racer sponsered by ky motor speedway

etc.

• 2 weeks later...
Word on the street is that all Paramount (sans Nickelodeon) names and themes will be gone this season. However, since Flight of Fear (FoF) isn't "Paramount", it'll remain.

Would you re-theme FOF? If so:

1. What would the new name of the ride be?

2. How would the physical theming change?

3. What woudl the film on the line be about? Who would be in it?

4. Any more details?

Best regards,

Italian Chef

How is it Nickelodeon's name will be gone if they have a contract? Also what would it be changed to? :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

I think FoF like everyone else said just needs some TLC. However i do feel that leaving the lights on in the que line takes away from the video affects. I went last September and the ride looked very dirty. Just clean it up and turn off the lights and it's still an amazing ride. I thought they did play music in the bowl? Last time I rode right at the very top you could hear it.

The lights are on for safety and the security of the guests. People fall; other people can't keep their hands and arms to themselves, etc. Which does bring up the issue of the pitch-dark queue line for what was Tomb Raider: The Ride. I could never believe that existed in a theme park....nor the one for Mayan Mindbender at Six Flags Astroworld. I literally ran into a post in that line once...it was so dark.

The lights are on for safety and the security of the guests. People fall; other people can't keep their hands and arms to themselves, etc. Which does bring up the issue of the pitch-dark queue line for what was Tomb Raider: The Ride. I could never believe that existed in a theme park....nor the one for Mayan Mindbender at Six Flags Astroworld. I literally ran into a post in that line once...it was so dark.

They could at least make it a little bit darker. Or like on the Mummy at Universal shut them off randomly just to scare some people. That's only a few seconds.

"shut them off randomly just to scare people."

-They used to do that in the Flight of Fear queue line, and as Interpreter pointed out; there are those few who can not behave and ruin it for the rest of us. I personally though it was a cool effect and added to the experience, but the graffiti, vandalism, and lack of maturity by some park guests are the reasons you now have the lights on. Not to mention FOF's queue line is not always jam packed anymore so I'm sure the average Joe traversing the empty queue on a Wednesday afternoon did not enjoy suddenly not being able to see where he was going. Similar to how the gentleman above you pointed out:

nor the one for Mayan Mindbender at Six Flags Astroworld. I literally ran into a post in that line once...it was so dark.

• 1 month later...

1. Flight of Time

2. The themeing would change to a time machine walking through time.

3. The line would be about going into the past to the future. Robots are in it whick control the time machine.

4. The story is that you are using a time machine to go back to the past, but something is wrong. It is in need of repair, but you don't know. That is when the ride starts.

...and when it is over, the Cedar Fair debt has been paid, the park has been nostalgically returned to 1972, and as you exit Flight of Time, you see the Bavarian Beetle, the bumper cars and a themed land called Coney Island. As you walk under Racer's last bunny hill, you walk up to the Lunch Basket to find $1 Cokes and people complaining about the prices. As you look back, there is nothing but grass and maintenance buildings, and you struggle to remember what the name of that fort and ride you could have sworn you just rode was. You are then entertained by a roving clown band, see a great many live and wonderful shows, ride The Racer, both sides, and are stunned at its wonderful airtime, comfortable trains, no seat dividers or head rests, flip down bars, and most of all, the soft cushioning in the trains. You ride the Rotor, Flying Dutchman, Enchanted Voyage, Haley's Comet and many others. At the end of the day, you prepare to leave, but can't find your car in the parking lot filled with vintage late sixties and early seventies cars.

What the heck?