Top Gun painting

dare-to-fly

Does anyone know whether or not Kings Island is planning to repaint whatever they will call Top Gun? If this is unknown...any theories as to whether they will? It was looking rather...shall we say...under the weather last season with the faded blue paint and the rust. The rust is what gets me...it actually makes it look unsafe whether or not it is. Did I ride it...of course! :rolleyes: But it still doesn't make for the greatest looks.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TombraiderTy

I'd rather see Top Gun removed before repainted, it's the worst ride in the park. Well, second worst- still can't get crappier than Italian Job Stunt Crap.

I'd rather see Top Gun removed before repainted, it's the worst ride in the park. Well, second worst- still can't get crappier than Italian Job Stunt Crap.

look at the bright side at least with the italian job you don't have to walk threehundred miles to rest your feet for like twenty seconds and then rewalk the three hundred miles

By your opinion it is, which is a minority. Top Gun is still a popular ride for a short line, and although it is short, it still packs a punch.

look at the bright side at least with the italian job you don't have to walk threehundred miles to rest your feet for like twenty seconds and then rewalk the three hundred miles

I have to give you that! The walk is longer than the ride. I read somewhere that it has the longest queue in the park.

Italian Job Stunt Crap.

laughing! That was cute.

This surprises me. Most people seem to like TG. I wouldn't call it a favorite of mine either, but I really don't want to see it go...that's just one less coaster to ride.

where are these most people at? because i only know a few that ride it because they like it. majority of the people i know ride it just because it is there.

Well this past year i waited 25mins for TG.The same day i rode The Beast 5 times in a row with little to no wait at all.The Beast was running full speed with full trains as long as TG.Yeah Tg would look alot better if it had new paint.Just casue the line is not long dont mean people dont ride it.It could just be that the ride is running goog dand there sendn out full trains.Plus there is always people in line for TG somewhere along the line that is lol.

Perhaps...

don't forget about the "aircraft carrier" portion of the queue under the station. I'm not sure how much that would add, as I've never had to wait in it (or been willing) to see how much is under there.

It's not that much more. At least it's not as much as you're probably thinking. The effects were pretty cool when they were working. The "smoke" made me sick each and every time I went through it. darn, I'm old.