Top Gun painting

dare-to-fly

Yeah, I was assuming that is what he was getting at. But considering the current rides under construction at other CF parks as well as the SoB improvments and the rumored TR improvments it is apparent that even though CF wants to be cautious about their money spent, they are not exactly being cheap either.

What do you mean by SOB improvements...? Is SOB getting more improvements?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It didn't open till July 4th. And then it was down a week later for about another week. But it did run all the way to end of the season, minus the bare bones nights. I'm not even sure SOB has even ran an entire season. It may have back in 2001 or 2002. But it's it's 7 seasons of operation, it has been down more then up.

I'm curious to know if it will open with the park this year.

Edited by PKIVortex

I wonder if they could trim some of that speed? The bring you to a crawl now in the block, I can't see why they couldn't slow you a little going into the Rose Bowl, then it wouldn't feel as if your being slowed down as much in the block.

I know they did briefly have a trim at the top of that drop into the Rose Bowl, no idea why the took it off.

Not to mentioned the ride was deisgned around the former Wild Animal Habitat which took up space from the Top Gun Helix, where Son of Beast sits now, and back behind FOF.

I brought this up in another thread...Any ideas on why Top Gun was designed around the WAH? Wasn't Wild Animal Habitat's last year of operation 1992, with Top Gun's first being 1993? Did they close down the Habitat earlier than they expected?

Speaking of the new name, has anyone heard or seen anything for the new logo? We already know what BLSC and The Crypt's logos will look like, and can probably guess on Invertigo (based off the logo out in California), but I've seen nothing for FD.

If it doesn't say something else entirely, given that California's Great America just changed the words Flight Deck on its website (for the former Top Gun B and M coaster) to Afterburn. . .

http://www.cagreatamerica.com/attractions/...il.cfm?ai_id=48

Now THAT'S a cool name for a ride like Top Gun. I can only hope that this is an 'unofficially official' name change that will occur for the rest of the TG coasters, including Kings Island.