Craziest Amusement Park Stories

NatiReds084

Guest TombraiderTy

Well it was a month after it premiered. When my parents went last October it was all fine.

And I've seen 32 different amusement park productions (not including virtual shows), Finding Nemo is the best of them all. Katonga is a close second though.

Katonga is one of my favorites. I very rarely will let my favorite show be known. Especially as talent for recurring productions changes from year to year and many times week-to-week.

Lion King at Animal Kingdom is great. I also like Beauty and The Beast at MGM. Even better than Beauty and The Beast however was the Barbershop Quartet "Four for a dollar" that sang before the show roughly two years ago. Wow could those guys really sing and entertain! I am trying to find a CD of them if anyone can help me out!

Another thing about rain in Cedar Point, even if its just sprinkling they close down maverick because the brakes dont work very well on the specific track they have. Luckily I did get on that ride though it was on of my favorites. I can also tell you I will be going up there this summer. I'm not stoppin til I get a full day up there lol Plus I want to get on top thrill dragster so bad!

They close every roller coaster when it sprinkles. I was there last July 30th and 31st. Every time it would sprinkle they would shut down the roller coaster. Even if it only sprinkled for 30 seconds. Then the rides would be down for 30+ minutes because of this. Total BS. They did keep the flats running though.

Actually they do close DT when it rains, 'cause the roof leaks and it can't run with water in the trough.

And as far as I'm aware, they do keep most of the coasters running in the rain, albeit with 1-train operation (due to the rain-related Magnum accident last season). The only one I know they close for any kind of rain is Dragster. Opening day of Maverick laster year I rode both Maverick and MF in the rain.

Actually they do close DT when it rains, 'cause the roof leaks and it can't run with water in the trough.

And as far as I'm aware, they do keep most of the coasters running in the rain, albeit with 1-train operation (due to the rain-related Magnum accident last season). The only one I know they close for any kind of rain is Dragster. Opening day of Maverick laster year I rode both Maverick and MF in the rain.

That was opening day, by the time I went in July, they shut down every coaster. The only rides still running were the flats. Even for like 10 seconds worth of sprinkles the coasters would be shut down for 20 minutes.

My most recent trip to Cedar Point was in July 2007. While waiting in line for Mantis it began to lightly rain, enough to warrant a windbreaker, but light enough to to keep the camera out:

p6048165je1.jpg

-I have never been able to find out what exactly Cedar Fair's rain policy, as it seems to differ between parks, and even between visits. On this day as soon as it started to lightly rain they stopped operation, took the ride down to one train, and began cycling it like you see in the above photo. After about 5 cycles or so they stopped the train in the station and wouldn't load anyong, yet Iron Dragon continued to run. After about 15 more minutes, we waited in line cause nothing else seemed to be open, they ran another test cycle of the single train then...

p6048168qb9.jpg

They added the second train, ran a test cycle of each, and finally we got to ride, I don't know why we waited....as when we got to ride we were reminded of exactly why Mantis sucks.