Favorite Ride

NatiReds084

What is my favorite ride and why? That's your question? Really? Anywhere? Anything? Okay, you asked:

Favorite wooden coaster: The Georgia Cyclone or Tremors at Silverwood (Idaho) depending on the day. Why? They are both very turbulent rides with rapid changes in direction and strong laterals.... ;)

Favorite steel coaster: Maverick at Cedar Point...see above ^ ^ ^

Favorite flat ride: Tower of Terror. California Adventure. Best drop ride....ever.

Favorite ride to get drug on to when I don't wanna go: Magic Carpet, Kennywood. Sigh. Memories..... The ONLY ride that almost always almost makes me nauseous, and does make me dizzy for days. . .

Favorite wooden coaster: The Georgia Cyclone or Tremors at Silverwood (Idaho) depending on the day. Why? They are both very turbulent rides with rapid changes in direction and strong laterals.... ;)

Someone likes 'em rough and forceful! Ugh, I can't stand the Georgia Cyclone. Actually more than the ride itself, I CANNOT stand its queue line. Talk about a firetrap! Not to mention, you get 380 people in that small wooden box in the hot Georgia summer at 90degrees. And there are some strong odors to be certain!

What is my favorite ride and why? That's your question? Really? Anywhere? Anything? Okay, you asked:

Favorite steel coaster: Maverick at Cedar Point...see above ^ ^ ^

Favorite flat ride: Tower of Terror. California Adventure. Best drop ride....ever.

Favorite ride to get drug on to when I don't wanna go: Magic Carpet, Kennywood. Sigh. Memories..... The ONLY ride that almost always almost makes me nauseous, and does make me dizzy for days. . .

So what is the difference between Cali's Tower of Terror and WDW's version?

It depends on the year! :) Honestly, Disney keeps things fresh. Both have been reprogrammed often. I have had my best rides on the California version, but I love the one in Florida as well.

As for Cory Butcher, I do NOT like rough wooden coasters. There is a huge difference between rough and violent. I love violent...rough is a whole nother story, especially as I get older...

As for Cory Butcher, I do NOT like rough wooden coasters. There is a huge difference between rough and violent. I love violent...rough is a whole nother story, especially as I get older...

My apologies for the misinterpretation...I for one found Georgia Cyclone to be particularly rough, in my lone visit to SFOG. Forces are one thing, but the train to my tastes did not seem to ride too well. I guess the best word I could use, was it seemed bumpy!

At Kings Island:

Wood - Beast

Flat - Xtreme Skyflyer

Steel - Firehawk

In General:

Wood - Beast :: Kings Island

Flat - Ferris Wheel :: Navy Pier, Chicago

Steel - Maverick :: Cedar Point or Top Gun: The Jet Coaster/Afterburn :: Carowinds

Abandoned:

Wood - Screechin Eagle :: LeSourdsville Lake

Flat - Go Karts :: Surf Cincinnati

Steel - The Serpent :: LeSourdsville Lake

Its really hard to pick just one. Overall, it would have to be The Beast. I usually ride it first thing.

Firehawk really proved to be fun ride. I love AE, just like the "feel" of it. I feel like I go back in time on The Racer. FOF is just plain fun. I even like BSSC really well. I've come to accept it as the "new" antique cars in my mind...I still like that area of the park.

As for flats, it as to go to Viking Fury. Hard to imagine that they used to use that whole queue. At least its kind of novel to walk through. Plus it has real landscaping!

• 2 weeks later...

The Beast ALL THE WAY

Beast >>>> (Rugrats Coaster (forget how to spell)) >>> Firehawk

The Beast is BETTER than the Firehawk. Who judges based on elements... who cares if The Beast doesn't go upside down? And the Firehawk just debuted last season. You all might say that just because it is new and you have something else to ride, but it gets old after a while. (Just like The Beast.)

The Beast lives forever.