Something Else Old Becomes New Again

BoddaH1994

As you enter the park, you are welcomed by a beautiful 1/3 scale replica of the Eiffel Tower as well as an enormous fountain display. In the foreground, one of the most photogenic sites the park has to offer: the official Kings Island logo.

Many old things are becoming new again at Kings Island this year, and this is no exception. What once held the Paramount moniker is gone, and has been replaced by the official new Kings Island logo.

Click below to check it out:

http://www.KICentral.com/photos/displayimage.php?pos=-5403

The new Kings Island sign in the front of the Royal Fountain looks really nice, I looks like that they raised the sign higher which is great as when we take pictures the sign will now be above us.

Exactly. Don't forget that last year's sign was physically larger since it included the Paramount logo for many years. All they did was remove the logo last year which left the "Kings Island" portion close to the ground.

The new Kings Island sign in the front of the Royal Fountain looks really nice, I looks like that they raised the sign higher which is great as when we take pictures the sign will now be above us.

Now if they can just move it about 5 feet away from the gate it will look just like the old days before paramount came along, but I don't think thats going to happend they went that path way opened up.

Guest rcfreak339
Wow.It looks really nice and well placed!Now all we need is the paramount story fixed to look better.Anyway,is that the old logo?It doesn't look like it but the topic says "Something else OLD becomes new again."

I highly doubt it the old logo are probably dinged up, has chipping paint and most likely can no longer be used.

Does anyone have a picture of what the entrance area looked like pre-paramount? I've been looking around on google and can't find anything...

Hmmm... Let's look through KICentral's handy dandy history feature.

InternationalDriveFountain(13June74)a.JP

That picture can give you a general idea.

Thanks, I couldn't find that anywhere in the regular photos! :)

I like the new sign CF has put up. Clean and not ornate. I think it would have been pretty neat if it could have been done with some kind of flowers or such. For some reason i remember there being something like that in front of the railing, but nevertheless i do like the new decorations that I've seen so far.

Does anyone have a picture of what the entrance area looked like pre-paramount? I've been looking around on google and can't find anything...

Hmmm... Let's look through KICentral's handy dandy history feature.

InternationalDriveFountain(13June74)a.JP

That picture can give you a general idea.

Wow, no fences on the pool. KI must have had more faith in the general public back then... Or people didn't act like complete fools, probably the latter...