King Cobra Graveyard

IheartKI

So can you see the remains of the king cobra track from the I-Tower? And also, the other day when I was at the park, I was at Action Zone, and I thought the old KC station was still standing, but then again, it could have been adventure ex...

^The King Cobra graveyard if i am not mistaken is located in behind SOB's Rose Bowl and i do not think you can see it from the Eiffel Tower there are too many obstructions.

As for the station question. No what you saw was AE King Cobra is all but gone leaving only a couple of footers behind.

KC's track was hauled off to a scrapper at the end of 2006, and the station was torn down with the rest of the ride in 2002.

PKIDelirium...I see you live in Xenia. I live in Jamestown. I was in Xenia today when the "tornado" was in New Jasper!

So can you see the remains of the king cobra track from the I-Tower? And also, the other day when I was at the park, I was at Action Zone, and I thought the old KC station was still standing, but then again, it could have been adventure ex...

You wouldn't have been able to see it prior to 2006 anyway, it was pretty well hidden behind FOF

Seeing pictures of King Cobra brings back memories. :) I remember the first time riding it and remembering (back before I had boobs) how they wrapped around you like a snake wraps around your body. I mean literally the the 2 harness things touched in the middle...hah! Didn't the last time I rode it, but I loved that ride.

Man if only they would have sold the track in the gift shop. Man what i would have paid to have some scraps of it.

What an idea. I certainly would have paid to have such a great memento.

Two words.

Lead paint.

Not gonna happen.

Really? I wasn't aware that lead paint was being used when it was built.

Man if only they would have sold the track in the gift shop. Man what i would have paid to have some scraps of it.

What an idea. I certainly would have paid to have such a great memento.

Two words.

Lead paint.

Not gonna happen.

I'm sure they could remove the paint if they wanted to make some money.

Apparently you haven't done much work in the removal of environmental hazards. Nothing about that coaster track was designed or manufactured with a view towards prolonged, direct human exposure, including perhaps to children under three putting the steel, painted or not, in their mouths...suffice it to say, no environmental expert would condone a park selling this type of item to the public unless, perhaps, it was encased in plexiglass, hard plastic, glass or something similar before being sold. I can only imagine the price Cedar Fair would establish for such a thing...

Here's one of the ride vehicles currently mothballed in Flight of Fear's "drum."

IMG_6926.JPG

Some more photos here: http://picasaweb.google.com/kwelch/Coasters2007

Actually the King Cobra's cars are currently in the storage area located by Firehawk. They keep other things back there to like the old SOB trains and those gaustler(sorry for spelling) trains. Also some Halloween Haunt props.

Here's one of the ride vehicles currently mothballed in Flight of Fear's "drum."

IMG_6926.JPG

Some more photos here: http://picasaweb.google.com/kwelch/Coasters2007

Actually the King Cobra's cars are currently in the storage area located by Firehawk. They keep other things back there to like the old SOB trains and those gaustler(sorry for spelling) trains. Also some Halloween Haunt props.

They must have been moved somewhat recently because they were still stored in FOF during last year's KICentral event...

Apparently you haven't done much work in the removal of environmental hazards. Nothing about that coaster track was designed or manufactured with a view towards prolonged, direct human exposure, including perhaps to children under three putting the steel, painted or not, in their mouths...suffice it to say, no environmental expert would condone a park selling this type of item to the public unless, perhaps, it was encased in plexiglass, hard plastic, glass or something similar before being sold. I can only imagine the price Cedar Fair would establish for such a thing...

You're right. I haven't.

Seeing pictures of King Cobra brings back memories. :) I remember the first time riding it and remembering (back before I had boobs) how they wrapped around you like a snake wraps around your body. I mean literally the the 2 harness things touched in the middle...hah! Didn't the last time I rode it, but I loved that ride.

That just made me laugh.

Ok maybe if you cant buy a piece at least put some of it in a glass display case somewhere in the park where everyone can walk by and read, "King Cobra, America's First Stand-Up Coaster's sad remains!"

Ok maybe if you cant buy a piece at least put some of it in a glass display case somewhere in the park where everyone can walk by and read, "King Cobra, America's First Stand-Up Coaster's sad remains!"

Wow im behind on stuff i should have know it was america's first stand-up coaster

KC's track was hauled off to a scrapper at the end of 2006, and the station was torn down with the rest of the ride in 2002.

PKIDelirium...I see you live in Xenia. I live in Jamestown. I was in Xenia today when the "tornado" was in New Jasper!

Dude, Xenia is just about the last place you want to be during a tornado warning. :lol:

Wow im behind on stuff i should have know it was america's first stand-up coaster

Wasnt it the First Stand up with a loop,not just the first?

Wasnt the First Stand up with a loop,not just the first?

Wow i am really behind

Dude, Xenia is just about the last place you want to be during a tornado warning. :lol:

I lived in Xenia during the 2000 tornado..watched it go by from my living room window.

I lived in Xenia during the 2000 tornado..watched it go by from my living room window.

In 2000 I was 13 and I remember our youth group went down to Xenia to aide in clean up efforts....