Is Cedar Fair wanting to buy PKI?

The-Snapper

^You completley misunderstood what I'm saying. PKI is the flagship park of Paramount so it recieves the most money of Paramount parks, while CP is the flagship of CF so it recieves the most money. If PKI is owned by CF it will no longer be the flagship and will recieve less money then currently. This is a common fact and makes perfect business sense.

So Snapper please don't be a pompus ass who thinks his opinion is always correct and don't jump on others for their opinions cause I don't jump on you for some of your assinine posts.

Well actually, it would not be a fact that Cedar Point would be the flagship park. In fact based on attendance from last season, PKI would be the flagship park. Any way, I do not believe that Cedar Fair is interested in Paramount Parks, or spending the near $1 billion price tage for them.

Well actually, it would not be a fact that Cedar Point would be the flagship park. In fact based on attendance from last season, PKI would be the flagship park. Any way, I do not believe that Cedar Fair is interested in Paramount Parks, or spending the near $1 billion price tage for them.

How do you know that PKI's market value is $1 billion? Did you read it or assume it? Cedar Fair bought SSWOA for less than $250 million, so I wonder how much PKI is worth.

Have a great off season!

Italian Chef

chef.gif

How do you know that PKI's market value is $1 billion? Did you read it or assume it? Cedar Fair bought SSWOA for less than $250 million, so I wonder how much PKI is worth.

Have a great off season!

Italian Chef

chef.gif

The $1 Billion refered to the value of Paramount Parks.

Have a great off season!

Italian Chef

chef.gif

Thank you for clearing that up.

ALL Paramount Park's is worth 1 Billion. Individualy, they are worth about 200-250 million.

dude chill your newb ass down. Did you work at the park last year.....no. Did you see Dick Kenzel's SUV in the Operations Parking Lot.........no. Do you have proof they aren't gonna buy the park..........no. Do you have more proof than we do on our opinions?......nope. Therefore I would chill out and doubting Brandons opinion that Cedar Fair might just buy Paramount. Paramount is to f***ing corporate anyway. You work at TR:TR. He is Sup at WWC. Therefore meaning he is higher up and you are the newb. I would advise you to be respectful to your co-workers and higher ups.

With the whole Dick Kenzel thing I wonder if he or other CF executives were spotted at any of the other Paramount parks. The only reason he would have been at PKI is to look at what he might possibley be buying so it would make sense that they would have visited all of the parks, because its not like any business deals would have been performed at PKI.

Have a great off season!

Italian Chef

chef.gif

Thank you for clearing that up.

ALL Paramount Park's is worth 1 Billion. Individualy, they are worth about 200-250 million.

Carowinds is only worth 50 million from what I seen a while back.

PKI has assets worth no less than a quarter billion for sure; the value could be possibly upwards of $350 million. The liquid value of the park (nothing else; no customer base, guaranteed sales (season passes, food, tickets, etc.), etc.) could be no less than $200 $250 million. Extra stuff, mainly customer base (people with lots of monies spending wildly at the park) adds huge value to the park. Not only is King's Island Paramount's flagship park, the park property is roughly 600 acres. As people have said in the past, not all of this is developable, however land value is land value. Zoning restrictions change. The only way Paramount Parks would sell is if Cedar Fair offered at least 125% of the value, and that's still being unfair to Paramount.

King's Island being purchased by Cedar Fair? I laugh at you, you crusty batch of nature, you foul-faced ape; I fart in your general direction!

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries! Now go away before I taunt you once more.

Sorry I had to say it! laugh.gif

I'm not that worried about it anymore. I was thinking about it - and the theming really is only about 10% of it in my book. I go for the thrills.

Actually, CP is getting a Giant Frisbee just like Delirium for this season. Most probably they were just meeting about this last year. Actually I'm pretty darn positive, that's what it is. I think it would be ridiculous if PKI or any other Paramount Park for that matter, would be bought by Cedar Fair. IT'S NONSENSE!!!!!!

No it isn't, it's business.

It was a business meeting Ben!? Well, since your the god of the universe and know everything(not limited to why Snapper likes to be dominated)I have to believe you! But without proof or ever having seen Kinzel there yourself and neglecting the fact CF can't afford it, how are you so sure? I sure am glad CF is buying our park, that means we can have 6 hour queue line times for 15 second one trick pony rides with no theming or creativity. ROCK ON!!!!! Let's all worship Ben and his superior intelligence about things he actually knows dick about!!!!

Actually, CP is getting a Giant Frisbee just like Delirium for this season. Most probably they were just meeting about this last year. Actually I'm pretty darn positive, that's what it is. I think it would be ridiculous if PKI or any other Paramount Park for that matter, would be bought by Cedar Fair. IT'S NONSENSE!!!!!!

Your a f***ing idiot and need to pay attention to previous posts because thats not why they were their because parks usually set the construction dates and all that **** well over 2 months. Cedar Point announced MaxAir on December 1st, 2004. We saw Dick Kenzel at KI at the end of October. Thats 2 months. Research for Max Air had to have taken place WAY before October. If you were the BIG man of Cedar Point would you order and set the construction for a ride 2 months before announcing it, probably cause your f***ing dumb but he didn't.

(at Ryan): I don't see how you say Cedar Fair can't afford it. They have PLENTY of money to buy a new park, last time I check in upwards of around $500 million. Also remember, that in order to make money you have to risk money, and if they bought any of the Paramount chain the return would be a LOT greater than the risk. Simple business, honestly, you give something up to make an even greater gain.

At this point, anything's possible, we don't know what's going to happen and we can't rule out ANY possibilities. Let's wait a while before jumping to any conclusions such as "such-and-such is buying the park" or "such-and-such isn't buying the park" and just see what Viacom does with their asset.

Longlivebeast, yes construction dates are set well in advance of two months, sometimes the rides are planned years in advance, but he still could have been looking at Delirum. It might have been a trip to be like "let's go see what our new ride is going to look like and operate like." Because even though you see all the pictures and descriptions nothing beats seeing the real thing, he might have also been there asking how maintence was and if it had a lot of down time, even though he could have asked that over the phone so I don't know, but then again NO ONE knows for sure expect the CEOs and higher ups.

(at Ryan): I don't see how you say Cedar Fair can't afford it. They have PLENTY of money to buy a new park, last time I check in upwards of around $500 million. Also remember, that in order to make money you have to risk money, and if they bought any of the Paramount chain the return would be a LOT greater than the risk. Simple business, honestly, you give something up to make an even greater gain.

At this point, anything's possible, we don't know what's going to happen and we can't rule out ANY possibilities. Let's wait a while before jumping to any conclusions such as "such-and-such is buying the park" or "such-and-such isn't buying the park" and just see what Viacom does with their asset.

I do not doubt Cedar Fair's financial ability to buy another park, I doubt their ability purchase PKI because you can't just puchase PKI, you have to buy the whole Paramount Parks unit, which is selling for 900 million to a billion dollars. I don't think they can afford it. I apologize if you misunderstood what I said.

Actually, CP is getting a Giant Frisbee just like Delirium for this season.  Most probably they were just meeting about this last year.  Actually I'm pretty darn positive, that's what it is.  I think it would be ridiculous if PKI or any other Paramount Park for that matter, would be bought by Cedar Fair.  IT'S NONSENSE!!!!!!

Your a f***ing idiot and need to pay attention to previous posts because thats not why they were their because parks usually set the construction dates and all that **** well over 2 months. Cedar Point announced MaxAir on December 1st, 2004. We saw Dick Kenzel at KI at the end of October. Thats 2 months. Research for Max Air had to have taken place WAY before October. If you were the BIG man of Cedar Point would you order and set the construction for a ride 2 months before announcing it, probably cause your f***ing dumb but he didn't.

Longlivebeast, you are infact the f*cking idiot. If Cedar Fair was buying Paramount Parks, which weren't yet on the block even, why would they go to PKI instead of Paramount Parks HQ? You need to stop being a dick to people just because they don't think that your precious CP is going to own PKI. Put down the crack pipe, and get a life.

Ryan, yes, they are perfectly capable of purchasing the ENTIRE Paramount chain. Believe it or not, Cedar Fair has more money than you think. That's why they were able to purchase parks such as Michigan's Adventure and Geauga Lake, because they have a- savings account, if you want to call it that- full of money in case a good opportunity arises where they would be put in a situation to buy a park. Not only that, but if they're short there is this thing out there called a loan. Many chains do this when buying a park, they pay as much as they can and take out a loan.

As I said, you have to take a risk in order to make money, and this is one risk I personally know that Cedar Fair would be willing to take. And if you're telling me it wouldn't be a smart risk, I'd like you to explain your reasoning because you're sounding like a d*** fool.

Actually, CP is getting a Giant Frisbee just like Delirium for this season.  Most probably they were just meeting about this last year.  Actually I'm pretty darn positive, that's what it is.  I think it would be ridiculous if PKI or any other Paramount Park for that matter, would be bought by Cedar Fair.  IT'S NONSENSE!!!!!!

Longlivebeast, you are infact the f*cking idiot. If Cedar Fair was buying Paramount Parks, which weren't yet on the block even, why would they go to PKI instead of Paramount Parks HQ? You need to stop being a dick to people just because they don't think that your precious CP is going to own PKI. Put down the crack pipe, and get a life.

I need to get a life, dude you make computer games based on a KI employee. And I need to get a life. haha

I personally dont think that Paramount Parks will sell of any of the parks. If anything, Paramount Parks is doing well, and preparing to expand its market into Japan with the construction of a new theme park, as announced last year. Kings Island will remain a property of Paramount - thats my opinion. tongue.gif

Ryan, yes, they are perfectly capable of purchasing the ENTIRE Paramount chain. Believe it or not, Cedar Fair has more money than you think. That's why they were able to purchase parks such as Michigan's Adventure and Geauga Lake, because they have a- savings account, if you want to call it that- full of money in case a good opportunity arises where they would be put in a situation to buy a park. Not only that, but if they're short there is this thing out there called a loan. Many chains do this when buying a park, they pay as much as they can and take out a loan.

As I said, you have to take a risk in order to make money, and this is one risk I personally know that Cedar Fair would be willing to take. And if you're telling me it wouldn't be a smart risk, I'd like you to explain your reasoning because you're sounding like a d*** fool.

Hm, ok, let's look at this. First off, CF doesn't have a billion dollars to make a new investment in their pocket, they have alot, but probably not that much. Secondly, assuming they did get a big multi-million dollar loan, then taking into account maintenance fees and fees of stocking the park with prizes, paying employees, etc. in addition to doing the same for the parks they already own, this investment is costing more than a billion, and the parks turn enough profit each year combined to make that magical loan you speak of not be payed off for a long time. The maintenance, marketing, staffing, and supplying of 5 additional parks in addition to what they already have and having nothing left in there savings account(a term you seem to think I don't know about)would mean they would have nothing to maintain the parks or add new additions, since if they were lucky the parks would turn enough profits to support themselves, and not much else since they had drained there funds by a billion dollar purchase and were paying off that magical loan you speak of. With that said, this is one risk they might be foolish to take. Now, grant it, I honestly don't know how much CF has, so I can't make a very good evaluation of their ability to purchase and maintain Paramount Parks, however, I'm pretty sure they don't have a billion to spend. I don't proclaim to be right about this, or to be very knowledgeable on businesses and their operation/expansion, but I certainly think I don't sound like a d*mn fool as you said, so get off my back.

Also, elaborate on how you "personally" know Cedar Fair is willing to take this risk?

I need to get a life, dude you make computer games based on a KI employee. And I need to get a life. haha

Hm, let's see, yes, I made a computer game based on a PKI employee that a ton of people played and got a little enjoyment out of, yep, that qualifies me for having no life. Right along with playing football, band, having a girlfriend and balancing honors classes at the same time. You seem to call people "f*cking idiots" just becuase they disagree with you about wether or not Kinzel was talking to Ross about CF buying PKI/Paramount Parks. For pete's sake, it's just amusement parks. And as Ben said, it doesn't matter who owns PKI, it's still going to be there. Yet you decide to take it upon yourself to call others idiotic becasue they don't share your same opinion, about an amusement park's ownership no less.

Thanks Dane, I appreciate it. And he wasn't the only one being an ass, I've been too. This topic's gotten people at each other's throats, we all need to just accept one another's opinions and discuss what might happen, not bash others and their thoughts.

Why are we arguing about an amusement park?

Kings Island isn't going anywhere, it just might get a new owner.

Thank you Ben are you and Long Live Beast and I the only ones that understand that its a BUSINESS!!!

What did I just say Brandon?

Edited by Dane

PKICentral is very good site - and folks are generally very civil to one another. I've noticed some name calling on this thread - and thankfully, none of it aimed at me.

I realize that people on this site are VERY passionate about PKI - as am I. But please, let's not get so passionate about our opinions that we bash one another.

By the end of the year - which seems like an eternity from now - we ought to know what will happen to Paramount's Parks. Maybe Viacom will keep it. Maybe they'll spin it off as a quasi-independent company. Perhaps they'll sell them all off to Universal Studios - or Cedar Fair. Maybe they'll sell different parks to different concerns. I don't know - and I doubt that anyone else on this site does.

PATIENCE. We must have patience. Let's remember that first and foremost, we are fans of Kings Island. When I ride The Beast, I am not thinking about the names Paramount, Universal Studios, or Cedar Fair. Nope. I'm just thinking about the thrill that I am experiencing.

One way or another, Kings Island will re-open in 2005 and 2006, regardless of who owns it and what it's legal name is. Let's speculate. Let's fantasize. Let's even argue. But PLEASE OH PLEASE, let's keep it civil.

your truly,

Charles Infosino aka Italian Chef

chef.gif