Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

Everyone is blowing the webcam out of proportion. Are you aware how long the park was without the webcam? I'm sure you'd rather be safe riding the elevator on Tower then see a webcam for a day of probably no activity. I'm assuming that's why towers power would be off anyways.

No, not everyone is.

And yes, I remember well when there was no worldwide web, much less webcams. I also remember showing up to ride Hurler at an event on what was supposed to be its opening day, and the coaster was missing a good portion of its structure on the first drop! :)

6 New pictures showing off the theming around the splashdown and station. Also, in the shots of the splashdown, I saw that they added fin like barriers on top of the trough that the train goes through in the splashdown.

She is so pretty!!!!! What exactly do you mean by fins?

6 New pictures showing off the theming around the splashdown and station. Also, in the shots of the splashdown, I saw that they added fin like barriers on top of the trough that the train goes through in the splashdown.

To many darn rocks...LOL I just hope it turns out looking great!! Still no cam, im sad

I don't think the web cam being out is too over blown either. If someone was being disrespectful about it then yeah, but I am glad there is a place for some to come to share there feelings in a respectful way. Besides if no one expressed their disappointment about the web cams then the park my think no one cares. I worry about the air traffic in the area if the lights are off at night.

The web cams have become pretty popular especially the live streaming web cams at various sites. For those of you who like to watch the web cam and are wanting something to fill the void, may I suggest Orlando Attraction Magazine live web cam. http://www.attractionsmagazine.com/blog/ Hollywood Studios is opening their new attraction American Idol and have quit the line up.

Also one I like is EyesonEars.com. They stream live video from Disney Resorts and on weekends live park walk around. http://www.eyesonears.com/

I don't know how to post a picture on here but what I mean is there are height extensions on the sides of the trough in the splashdown. If you look closely, you can see where they have been welded together. Also, if you look at older splashdown pictures, you can see that the track rails are above the concrete. Now they are basically of even height.

That splashdown is going to be gorgeous and those are some expensive materials too. I wonder if people will stop ragging on CF about their lack of theming?

Kidding Right?

No but I am only familiar w/ CP and KI. I think TTD and Maverick are well themed, espiecally for a seasonal park and DB is looking to be pretty good too. Now older attractions are an entirely diff story!

The KIExtreme reference wasn't very funny, IMO. It's a bit rude to the staff there. That's just my opinion, though.

I seriously doubt that Mr. Helbig was trying to be rude to their staff. It seems to be nothing more than a little ribbing to generate more money for charity. If one site can do it, why can't the other?

Personally, the webcams have been a great way to kill a little bit of time each day on what would normally be excruciatingly slow days at work! With that said, it just continues to build the suspense until it is back online!

I do have a bit of selfish wish when it comes to the webcam, and that is to have another webcam (when the park is operating) similar to the webcam on the top of Top Thrill Dragster at CP. I'd love to have a webcam that shows the parking lot to get a quick gauge as to how busy the park is before you think about going for a quick hitter!

Personally, the webcams have been a great way to kill a little bit of time each day on what would normally be excruciatingly slow days at work! With that said, it just continues to build the suspense until it is back online!

I do have a bit of selfish wish when it comes to the webcam, and that is to have another webcam (when the park is operating) similar to the webcam on the top of Top Thrill Dragster at CP. I'd love to have a webcam that shows the parking lot to get a quick gauge as to how busy the park is before you think about going for a quick hitter!

I'm with you on the web cams throughout the year. I love checking the CP ones over the season just to see people having fun at the park while I'm stuck at work. Maybe they could put one on top of the International Restaurant showing International Street. And one somewhere in Coney Mall showing the midway. And one in Action Zone. Of course, keep the one on the Tower showing off DB.

[Please flip your humor switches to on before reading this post]

Turning off the webcam for today was all a scam! The construction crew did not want us to get a peek at what the trains will look like so that we will be surprised later. They planned the windstorm as their cover. That's right, I said it, Helbig controls the weather as per the crews' desire.

Snow?

The workers just wanted a few days off.

Rain?

The project was ahead of schedule and progress needed to be slowed.

Wind?

Need an explanation for why the webcam was "broken" during the time they installed the trains.

How did I never notice this before?!?!

What can I say, Helbig has connections....

[you may now move your humor switches back to their normal positions, mine will remain in the on position...]

I does appear that the far left part of the train storage shed has something on the track. I cant wait till morning to tell if im just going crazy or if there is actually something there, but there is a shadow being cast and that is the one that looks the darkest as if something is blocking the light. could it be trains?!? I hope so :D we will see in about 7 hours or so!!!

Of course my eyes are playing tricks on me and I think I see something. I can't wait for the sun to rise!

I had every intentions when I first started writing this in telling you guys you were crazy. Im sure they are not on there yet. But even though it is dark, it does look like there is something on the tracks. I really do hope that when the sun rises, there are pretty yellow trains sitting on the track.

I just looked at the cam and it looks like they maybe working in the station? Either that or they have they left the lights on in there :)

readimageasprb0.jpg

Maybe someone just left the lights on. But yes it is awfully bright in there. But I haven't seen movement, im sure they are all in bed where im supposed to be...LOL