Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

If it looks anything like the splashdown area did in the renderings I will be very surprised. That are really looked like it had a great feel to it. Well if it doesn't turn out to look exactly like the renderings, I guess we will just have to ride DB and like it.... ;)

I just noticed this. Is the line going to be just like Apollo's Chariot's line? I was trying to figure out how the line would go underneath the lift and I just remembered waiting in line for Apollo's Chariot and being under the lift.

881imgp9100131.jpg

A sign.* As far as I know, the reveal has not occurred...yet.

*This would be a drastic improvement over the old Beast entrance sign. What? You say? What Beast entrance sign? My point exactly.

I can attest to the diffuculty for new guests finding The Beast's entrance.

I would love to see some more pictures of the new queue area, the sign they are putting up, as well as some pics inside the station. Answer my prayers Don!

But as much as I want that to happen, I realize Don is probably pretty busy getting ready for opening day and we may not get to see all that goodness until we see it for ourselves on April 18th!

Hey, a guy can hope can't he?

The midway infront of the entrance looks very narrow, I'm sure there will be crowd issues.

Maybe opening day but I don't think people are going to be standing there watching the coaster. They will all be over by The Crypt probably. But during the morning rush I bet that area will include some pushing and shoving by animals that don't know how to act like humans.

picture1bmq.png

All the trains are taking a nap. :angry:

That queue looks pretty small too..

Firehawk's queue is even longer than that.

Then again, like people have said before, B&M's are people eaters.

Our B&M is a big ginormous people eater in snake form. :)

EDIT: AH! Second double post tonight! I'm sorry. Hahaha!

DB = high capacity, Firehawk= low capacity (because of design not the ride ops). It does look like there is some room for a few switchbacks before it goes under the lift hill.

I just checked the webcam and there are some workers and flatbed trucks by the splashdown so we may get to see some landscaping done today.

I see workers moving about inside the splashdown pool on the webcam. I'm wondering if they'll do some kind of surfacing to the concrete prior to any "edge" work... I also noticed a large, blue piece of equipment moving around on the left of the Showplace, but it's probably not related to work on DB.

Not sure if this post belongs here, but I haven't seen any mention of who from KIC will have the pleasure of being the among the first riders assuming the $600 bid holds, which I'm almost certain will. I personally don't care, but I'm just curious? <_<

I see workers moving about inside the splashdown pool on the webcam. I'm wondering if they'll do some kind of surfacing to the concrete prior to any "edge" work... I also noticed a large, blue piece of equipment moving around on the left of the Showplace, but it's probably not related to work on DB.

It appeared to me that they were squeegying (sp?) the standing water. Perhaps a re-surface to the pool? (I'd be surprised to see it painted. Seems to me that it would have been more appropriate to color the concrete when pouring.)

The blue crane at the Showplace is, I believe, being used to re-install the sun screen above the ampitheatre's seating.