First Riders on Diamondback

Young Gunz

I think the appropriate words are "among the first" to ride Diamondback. If this is like most Cedar Fair ride openings, the initial rides will be auctioned off, with the proceeds going to charity...not to mention there will doubtless be a media event, etc.

Still, it is very gracious of the park to allow season passholders among the very first rides. Many parks and chains do NOT do this.

Finally, the someone who mentioned it here earlier was indeed one of the mods, and spoke with the permission of the park. I'd trust that long before I did information from a call center operator.

Until things are ANNOUNCED by the park, nothing is ever 1000 percent certain (and in reality, even then things can but almost never do radically change), but as I said earlier, a mod here has said that seasonpassholders will be among the first to ride Diamondback (which can be interpreted to say they will get an opportunity to ride before the general public does). Stay tuned! Holding a Kings Island pass or a Cedar Fair Platinum Pass does have its...benefits! :)

You will also find that on things like this I do NOT tease, I do give out information I know to be incorrect, and I try to always speak in the best interests of the amusement park industry and its customers.

Finally, the mere fact this thread is still here, and has not been removed or commented on by the mods is in itself a sort of quiet confirmation that no disinformation is here. . .

From the KI Newsletter:

Time is running out on the 2008 season and that means the best deal for your 2009 season passes is almost over. Get your pass by calling 1-800-952-PASS, online at www.visitkingsisland.com or at the park before November 2nd, 2008.

Need one big reason to buy a Season Pass now? How about the biggest ride we’ve ever built…Diamondback! Kings Island’s tallest, fastest and meanest roller coaster will hit the park in April 2009. Purchase your 2009 Season Pass now and be among the first to challenge the world’s best new steel roller coaster. Hurry, this offer ends November 2nd.

^^Likely...I'm getting quickly burned out of the Intamin rockets and Euro-fighters!!

My point of contention is the "challenge yourself" part...maybe if D-back was taller and steeper, but otherwise D-back should mostly be a great fun ride that puts a huge smile on your face! :D Nothing like MF or TTD...

^^Completely agreed!!!

BUT...taller and steeper does mean more thrilling, and thus more apt for "challenging" one's self.

Not necessarily. I'd say Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood is the best steel I've ever ridden... totally beats out Millennium and Dragster.

Never say "Ever", Diamondback looks pretty sweet.

^^Completely agree about Maverick's first drop!!

^^Completely agreed!!!

BUT...taller and steeper does mean more thrilling, and thus more apt for "challenging" one's self.

Not necessarily. I'd say Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood is the best steel I've ever ridden... totally beats out Millennium and Dragster.

Maybe I need some 'Media Day convincing'!?! :P

Think about it...as PR director, it is your job to stir up excitement and bring guests to your park to ride the new attraction and spend their nickels. Why on earth would you EVER take a chance inviting any enthusiast who needs convincing about your ride?

Enthusiasts who need some 'Media Day convincing' would be enthusiasts that I'd strike off my guest list, not just for that event, but basically for as long as I was in the industry. I wouldn't take a chance on some fool saying: "That was nice, but Goliath at Six Flags is better.." or "All things considered, I prefer Chang."

^^Completely agree about Maverick's first drop!!

^^Completely agreed!!!

Media days at various parks are typically reserved for members of the media.