Who's bidding on the first seats on Diamondback?

BoddaH1994

In case you haven't been living in a cave recently, then you know that Kings Island is auctioning off the first seats on Diamondback. Click here to see the official press release about that.

Now, I'm challenging you - the KICentral Universe - to win as many seats as possible. Imagine being the first member of the public to ride this 230' steel beast... and making a kid's life a little better in the process! Remember that your donations are TAX DEDUCTIBLE. You've waited SO LONG to ride, why wait another minute??

PLEASE remember that as a community we have not only the responsibility but the obligation to do what we can to help others when we are called... and what call could be more clear to the KICentral Universe than this?

CLICK HERE TO BID!!!

With the biggest thanks I can give,

Ryan

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you rebid and intend to increase your original bid, put the same information as before in the boxes. Someone from KI will contact you to ask if your wanting a additional seat or to increase your old bid. It currently may take a few days for them to contact you, but in March it will be a daily thing.

I wouldn't hold off. This bidding is a little different than what you may think. It's first come, first serve so if you tie with somone else for the 96th seat, for example then the first to place the bid will be awarded the seat. Bid early! You can always increase your bids!

So this is strictly limited to 96 seats? Because it says a minimum of 96 bidders will be seated. Nowhere does it give a max nor can I imagine they would turn money away

From the press release:

Beginning February 2, the park will auction off a minimum of 96 seats to the highest bidders, who will be the first official riders on Diamondback – the tallest, fastest and meanest roller coaster to ever strike Kings Island. Bids can be placed until April 15 by visiting www.kiDiamondback.com/public/auction/ or by calling Kings Island at (800) 288-0808.

but it doesn't say more than either, so just play it on the safe side...

From the blog:

The first ride auction is now underway. A big thank you to everyone that has placed a bid. KICentral.com currently has the top bid at $600. One-hundred percent of the proceeds from the first ride auction will go directly to A Kid Again, formerly known as Adventures for Wish Kids.

I'm torn - I really like the idea of the auction, helping others is always great. Yet I'd have to bid for two seats, for myself and my daughter, and leave my son out because we're hoping he'll be fine for 52" rides, but unless he has a sudden growth spurt - he won't make the 54". There is a fairness thing.

I'm also assuming the park will be very busy on the 18th - winning the auction would help for DB, but long waits everywhere else (again, an assumption). I may wait for the following weekend or Ride Warriror weekend.

Allen H. From Texas has bid $100 for seats 65 through 96 and he has 2 bids at $500.

Have fun Allan H

I really hope that Allan guy is legit. He knocked a bunch of people out of the auction. Thats alot of money. Jeremy that is in second threw third place has a lot of money on the board too!

I just got outbid, so I bumped it up to $111.11 because that number just sounded cool. Plus, now I am right below Don H.!

Bid what you can -- it's for a good cause, but I think that amounts with change added to them will be rounded down to the nearest dollar, so don't count on overbidding someone by $.01 or anything.

So far, this auction is succeeding beyond my wildest dreams. It certainly blows away any of the other first ride auctions that we have participated in or are aware of. The one thing I wish they would confirm, and that I believe will be in the best interest of the auction as well, is the hard number of final seats being auctioned off. If it is going to stay at 96 (which I think is best) they should say so. Lets face it, if they were going to let everyone who bid ride first (which in this case would just mean before the general public), everyone going to the park should bid, since the minimum bid is not that much more than the price to get in the park, in which case the fun of being a "first rider" would be greatly limited. In any event, can't wait until opening day!