Missing Rides

Dane

What do you think are some ride's that seem to be missing from PKI. I thought of one earlier today, a Ferris Wheel. The Ferris Wheel is like the standard in any type of group attraction.

Any others you guys/gals can think of?

Yea a big Ferris Wheel would certainly be welcome at PKI. I think PKI needs more up-charge attractions (j/k) I also think we really do need some sort of steel airtime coaster. It's just something we need to balance out the park. Also, some teacups and a Skyride (cough cough hint hint PKI cough cough) would be welcome.

I'm not too big into Stand-ups anymore, though I sure do miss King Cobra.

Any type of new steel from Intamin or B&M would just be great. A new skyride (Jeff I hope you hear me) would be lovely between The Beast and Son of Beast. A train around the whole park or a monorail???

Of course though, the park just needs a new version of Skylab, what a fun ride that was.

I forgot to put earlier what I'd like to see. DUH! :rolleyes: I really think PKI needs an ADULT haunted house. I know they had Phantom Theater and now Scooby, but what about one for us? They could even go for something like FOF if they wanted. I know they wouldn't want two indoor coasters, but I'm sure you catch my drift on the general idea. I think it would really appeal to a lot of people knowing they might get the crap scared out of them if they ride something like that. I don't want to see a cheesy haunted house, but something totally unique and something that creeps you out no matter how many times you've been on it. Just a thought!

I totally agree with you, I think it would be cool to have a ride similar to "Dinosaur" at Animal Kingdom, except that it deals with The Beast and the Son of Beast. It could really be scary, but it could also be a-lot of fun. You could have the Rugrats, Lara Croft, Spong-Bob, and even the "hana-barbera" as the heroes. It would have endless possibilities as to what you could do as far as creativity, and make each ride different from the last so that you never get the exact same ride twice! It could be soo cool, and it could please rollercoaster enthusiasts with unique drops, turns, twists, excellent parts of speed, plus you could please the adventure type people with tyhe dark ride aspect to it! plus the fun of having your favorite PKI characters! ( PKI...this is another hint to you as to what you could build in the future)

• 2 weeks later...
I think when PKI was Kings Island, they had a ferris wheel.  Don't quote me on it though, but I think it was somewhere around Oktoberfest.  Does anybody know for sure so they could back me up on this one?

Also, does anybody know the reason why the skylab was taken out?

King's Island did indeed have a Ferris Wheel in Octoberfest. I know the exact reason behind its removal, but that information is classified.

• Confused 1

"I doubt they would build an adult haunted house, a lot of people don't like being scared..."

That doesn't explain the success of Fearfest though ;-)

"The Ferris Wheel used to sit somewhere around where the Festhaus is."

It sat in the over-grown spot of land next in between the Festhaus and what is now a "Guess Your Weight and Age" game.

Rides that I would like to see at PKI?

Flat rides:

Spinning Teacups ride - I would love to see one of these on Coney Mall

Huss Jump 2 - I would love to see one of these in Rivertown

Mondial Top Scan - I would love to see this in place of the Euro Bungees

Rugrats Pike like PKD - I would love to see a version of this in the Nick Central area.

Coasters:

B&M Hyper/Speedcoaster in the Rivertown area

Indoor Spinning Wild Mouse in the the HB or Coney area

Water rides:

A setpoint swing thing coaster in the waterpark

Possibly one of the new "spinning" rapids rides in Rivertown or the Octoberfest area.

Shaggy

Sorry should have been more clear Shaggy I meant as in typically park goers don't want to be scared. Just not somethign I would see at the park, but it's possible. Shaggy the things you want are all very good rides and I think they were excellent picks. I think a Mondial Top Scan would look great over there in Coney Mall fits the area well with the colors. And with 25 people a run that's not too bad, I bet capacity would be kind of low, but than again it's a smaller flat and family's seem to me to kind of float away from those.

If I remember right the problem with KI's Enterprise was that it was larger and held more people. I know what your saying that they shouldn't go in if they dont' want to be scred, I'm saying that a lot probably wouldn't want to go in there. It would be kind of a waste of money when we could get something else.