New Restaurant at KI and more!

kjkjkj

I emailed Don Helbig asking him a few questions, and here it is!

I am sure you guys are busy at the park, with daily Diamondback testing starting today, but I was wandering if you could answer a few quick questions?

Will the path that was closed last year, reopen for this coming season? Yes, the path will be open that takes you into Rivertown.

Is there any chance of a themed soundtrack, similar to Maverick's soundtrack at Cedar Point, in the queue line and station of Diamondback? That has yet to be determined.

Are there going to be any changes to other rides at the park (other than The Beast getting retracked)?Like maybe more themeing being added to the Crypt? At this time we do not have any plans to add theming to the Crypt. There will be three new live stage shows, a new restaurant in Rivertown (Rivertown Junction formerly known as Wings). The entire look and feel of Rivertown will be different this year.

So We are getting a "new" restaurant at Kings Island this season along with Diamondback!! :D

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In his e-mail he says a new restaurant, just keep in mind it is just replacing one. Don has not said anything about a price but did say during the Diamondback tour that it still will be a buffet style with some new food items and that they where going to fix it up as far as the interior wise. I don't know how extensive the Rivertown Junction will be compared to Wings but seriously anything will be an improvement. He did not say when they plan to open Rivertown Junction, unless I did not hear him. I think it would be great to have a one price and eat all day as many other parks have started to offer.

I worry about another area facility of Rivertown and Nickelodeon Universe. Currently as it stands there is only one bathroom now to be shared by both areas of the park. That bathroom sits in the middle of those two sections and is usually quit busy. Parents who have small children know how important it is to get to a bathroom when their children express a desire they need one. I worry with the new heavy traffic in the area and with many guests waiting for someone, that the existing bathroom may not be able to handle the increase, especially thinking about young children and there particularities.

Correct same building just divided the side facing Rivertown is fairly busy and the other side is much smaller granted very clean I have had to wait in line a couple times last year and eventually went to the other side. Something to watch out for down the raod.

Either that or that is why they added the creek running down to the splashdown.

But there are bathrooms in Nick Universe, labeled, not surprisingly, as BOYS and GIRLS. They are among the cleanest in the park.

It's also one of the busiest in the park, and most people (particularly women) don't seem to realize that, when there are massive lines for that restroom (the Girls restroom in question only has six stalls), they can just walk 15 feet to the opposite restroom (which has 25 stalls).

Yes, they are, but they are close and convenient, and will now doubtless see a lot more use as well. Quite frankly, several of the restroom facilities at KI are in desperate need of remodeling, resizing and installation of modern facilities. In addition the area near Firehawk is greatly under-restroomed.

I agree completely. FoF and Firehawk draw enough crowds to deserve their own rest rooms back there instead of having to walk to either end of Coney Mall.

Yes, they are, but they are close and convenient, and will now doubtless see a lot more use as well. Quite frankly, several of the restroom facilities at KI are in desperate need of remodeling, resizing and installation of modern facilities. In addition the area near Firehawk is greatly under-restroomed.

I agree completely. FoF and Firehawk draw enough crowds to deserve their own rest rooms back there instead of having to walk to either end of Coney Mall.

I agree with you both!

When was the last time KI even added a Restroom? I'm thinking when SOB was built, or was that already there?

Actually, you need look no further than 2004 when a restroom was added for the Boomerang Bay renovation.

.....that no one uses.

It was built so that people didn't have to walk all the way to the restroom by Outback Shack if they were by the wavepool.

The only problem is that the restroom by the Shack is like a friggin MAGNET; people still go up there from the pool, even though they know there's one right next to the wave/bodyboard pools.

Oh, and by the way, the most crowded/popular restrooms in the park are:

- Front Gate Restrooms inside the park (especially women's)

- Restrooms opposite Outer Hank's (both sides)

- Restrooms opposite Rivertown LaRosa's

- Little Girls Restroom in Nick Universe (explained in previous post of mine)

- Bathhouse restrooms (both sides)

- Restrooms next to Outback Shack (particularly women's)

Actually, you need look no further than 2004 when a restroom was added for the Boomerang Bay renovation.

.....that no one uses.

It was built so that people didn't have to walk all the way to the restroom by Outback Shack if they were by the wavepool.

The only problem is that the restroom by the Shack is like a friggin MAGNET; people still go up there from the pool, even though they know there's one right next to the wave/bodyboard pools.

How do you know this? :unsure:

. . .Oh, and by the way, the most crowded/popular restrooms in the park are:

Think about what a person could have done to get that knowledge. Others know which are the most used trash cans, still others (or the same ones) where people toss out the most trash without using the cans, which hours are the busiest at various eateries, etc. And then there are those of us who know about season pass sales periods, admission ticket purchase rushes, internet site usage, etc.

Just remember, revealing confidential, proprietary information about certain things here can get one in deep doo-doo, so to speak.

I am trying to think here, but there are I believe two restroom facilities in the area of Nick. There is the close to where the Wild River Adventure is, which I believe is the one you are talking about that has the kids side to it. There is also two bathrooms inside the Baby Care Place, which gives you air conditioning. It is also great for kids, because they have step stools for the kids to use to pee with. Although I think if you just randomly showed up to use this one without a kid in tow, you might be asked to leave....

Spending too much time at the park. :)